Lt. Commander
When i click on the STO execute icon its opens up a window and for about a second says:

Loading. Please Wait.

Then it immediately the window changes to saying This program cannot display the webpage

most likely causes:
- you are not connected to the internet (im here aren't i?)
- the website is encountering problems. (maybe so but wouldnt it be a more talked about problem here?)
- There might be a typing error in the address (im to stupid to figure out how to change that if that is the problem

I am on Vista and this was downloaded from Fileplanet. Ive done the download 3 times and i get the same error every time. I have tried opening as administrator and changing the compatibility in properties. Not sure what else to try that's about the extent of my knowledge =(.

Any and all idea's suggestions and fixes are mucho appreciated
Lt. Commander
# 2 Help!!!!!!!
01-16-2010, 01:52 PM
Same issue i have tried everything i know, compatibility mode in vista and xp, run as adim you name it i have done it...HELP

Time of this report: 1/16/2010, 15:10:16
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7000) (7000.winmain_win7beta.081212-1400)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: NVIDIA
System Model: 132-CK-NF79
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 4094MB RAM
Page File: 1698MB used, 6787MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7000.0000 32bit Unicode
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Man I am having the same problem too. I just bought the game and it doesn't seem to work at all(CD). I keep getting the same message. I think it might have something to do with IE,
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-16-2011, 11:25 AM
I'm having this problem now also... I had a trojan I got hit with that I think may have caused it. Its removed, but this is still occuring. any thoughts.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-16-2011, 01:26 PM
For the future, this was caused by IE trying to connect to a proxy server (which I had fixed in firefox, but since I don't use IE)....
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-16-2011, 01:59 PM
the launcher uses elements of IE (MSHTML) so even though you may use another browser if IE does not work then the launcher will not work.

Some of the things set in IE can affect the launcher working
1. IE is set to work offline
2. IE internet options are set to use a proxy
3. IE is set to not display pictures
4. Autofill form is turned on (prevents you from entering your username and password)
5. IE has a corrupted cache.

all the above will prevent the launcher from working correctly.
Lt. Commander
Ok, It's late and I am tired so forgive the me if I go off track, BUT, I have solved the problem and hopefully it will aid others who have to problem. just a brake down of my system.

Machine and OS:
AMD Athlon 64 x2
2 Gb Dual Channel RAM
Nvidia G-Force 8800GTS
MSI mainboard
Windows XP Pro. SP3

Security:
Avast (latest ver.)
Zone Alarm
Spybot S&D

I was been playing since game release no problems but for some reason today I was not able to connect to the server. I would launch the game and get the Star Trek Launch window and it would say in short...

"The program cannot display the webpage" and give some
"Most likely causes" bla, bla, bla, and...
"What you can do" bla, bla, blaa.

Well this really got me going especially after all day of spring cleaning and just wanting to relax. Well lucky I am a computer tech and had still 1/4 brain power left and was able to see that I could:

1. Still browse the web with IE 8.0 any web site I went to.
2. Able to play other games with no issues
3. Disabled all my security (just to troubleshoot)
4. Reinstalled game (maybe some corruption but still no fix)

Even after all this still nothing just the same junk and not able to load game. Now I am really trying to hold my self back from just saying #&$% it. So I did a little process of elimination. Noticing that STO uses IE as a base for connection I went in an reset my IE to defaults under the Advanced Tab in Internet Options. What do you know, I can connect. Well I started change my settings one by one to my preferred choices like disable that pesky remembering of my passwords and user name and stuff. Changed my cookie settings to block 3rd party cookies and so on, and tested it each time and found that under the Advanced Tab in Internet Options is a setting called "TLS 1.0" (for those that want to know what that means, https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikiped...Layer_Security) apparently this is the little bugger that was keeping me from pulling up the game. Once I checked the item it was fine to launch and load again, uncheck it and game would not work. Not sure if this item was checked or unchecked as IE will sometimes install with this option checked and sometimes it will without this item checked anyhow this got unchecked. Checking It seems to have fixed the problem, even after I re-established my security settings so... GAME ON TREK FANS!!! Hope this helps.

Other than that you may be infected or something else.
Lt. Commander
Thankyou, Thankyou

I have spent days trying to get the game to work. Over the last year, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesnt. Options and under the bonnet then select security mode tls 1.0. wow!!!!! works.

Core2 Quad 3.0GHZ
8GB Ram
Nvidia GTX295 x2 ( 4 GPU's)
Ensign
# 9 unable to play
01-25-2013, 12:13 PM
i keep getting cookies not enable (using goggle chrome), but cookies setting is as it should be, and ive tryed the other option but no joy , can any1 help me?????