Lt. Commander
# 171
04-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia
- It would also be nice to set friendly-neutral-hostile yourself for every NPC regardless of faction.
Great idea, I wanted to create some "friendly" Romulan NPC's to work with the player in a Federation Mission. I was left trying to use the alien generator to give it my best shot. Then I couldn't dress them like Romulans!

It was my rookie attempt, and I'm sure there's some way around it, but it hasn't been made clear.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Being able to share maps and other assets with each other is a very important feature. That right there would allow collaboration. A lot of people are doing awesome things, like making cities. Others like to focus more on writing dialogs and making stories, others like scripting events, making puzzles and creating combat encounters. If we could collaborate to make missions in a way that would allow a group of people to specialize on certain tasks, truly epic missions could be created!
After all . . . that's how Cryptic and every other successful video game development company makes such great content ;-)
Lt. Commander
# 173
04-27-2011, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HadynGabriel
Great idea, I wanted to create some "friendly" Romulan NPC's to work with the player in a Federation Mission. I was left trying to use the alien generator to give it my best shot. Then I couldn't dress them like Romulans!

It was my rookie attempt, and I'm sure there's some way around it, but it hasn't been made clear.
You can just use someone in the same faction as you, but put them in a Romulan "Costume", as The Foundry calls it.
You do so (if it's still the same as 3 months ago) by going to the map where the contact is, highlighting them by left-clicking on them, and then choosing the "Contact Costume" setting (or something to that effect) in the mini-window at the bottom of that screen.
Don't forget to SAVE!

You're welcome.
I hope to see your missions someday.
L8R
Lt. Commander
# 174
04-30-2011, 05:39 AM
What I'd like to see is that the Foundry works again. No one is able to publish a working mission since yesterday's patch.

Don't get me wrong. I'm only posting this here, because there is a chance that DStahl reads this and I want the publishing function to be fixed asap. I've got a mission here which no one can play because the Foundry is hopelessly broken. Related Thread
Lt. Commander
# 175
05-05-2011, 02:45 PM
what i'd like to see is a foundray version of ship editor and the ability to place any combadge on any uniform
Lt. Commander
In the Foundry, can we please have access to the rest of the generic ship interiors that we see when we choose "visit the bridge" in game?
By this I mean, the crew quarters, engineering, sickbay and transporter pads. Just like you have for Space Dock and other established maps. Having the established ship interiors would exponentially speed up the design of missions that take place on starships making for a much friendlier experience for those who just want to concentrate on story.

(Oh by the way be sure to include the TOS constituion interiors too, they're fantastic!)

This seems like it would be an easy request to fulfill since the interiors already exist and would be great for all those folks who love to do role playing but would like to use the foundry to have a little more control.

As a bonus:
It would spice things up a little if a couple of extra "modules" were created based on those interiors that could be linked or attached to the existing ones. (Possibly linked via map transitions to avoid complications.) Things like labs, the briefing room (where the "First Contact" missions take place) that already exist, or extra corridors with crew quarters, the shuttle bay, 10-Forward and other neat touches would be great too.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 177 Success
05-12-2011, 07:26 AM
I like the idea of being able to create my own missions I've tried to mess around with the foundry a little, my trouble is I can't seem to get the hang of the mechanics of it. Any ideas on how to create quality missions? maybe I'm making harder than it really is?
Lt. Commander
# 178
05-12-2011, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamup69 View Post
I like the idea of being able to create my own missions I've tried to mess around with the foundry a little, my trouble is I can't seem to get the hang of the mechanics of it. Any ideas on how to create quality missions? maybe I'm making harder than it really is?
Here's a comprehensive guide to tutorials:

http://starbaseugc.com/wiki/index.php/Tutorials

Some are text, many are video walkthroughs. New ones are being added all the time; in fact I think Kirkfat is working on his next one as we speak.
Lt. Commander
# 179
05-13-2011, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
New ones are being added all the time; in fact I think Kirkfat is working on his next one as we speak.
And indeed he was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuSDIDLndhw
Lt. Commander
# 180
05-21-2011, 07:39 PM
While I dont imagine simultaneous collaboration would be doable
a shared project seems like it should be something they could accomplish in relatively short order.

Some basic locking mechanic, and a quick method to Share and Acquire a specific project.
I can see a Share button sending you a message to a captain's ingame email with a mission number and passcode that would in essence allow that person to access the foundry project via an 'acquire project' button.
I guess you would have to include a way to release a mission you have acquired and potentially 'unshare' if you are the owner.

I do think that would be a big help in getting missions to market so to speak.

I'd love to see a Cryptic poll or even a specific call-to-post about what features the authors really want/need in what priority.