Lt. Commander
yes - Another thread for this..why? because the logic so far against it doesnt fit.

SO, even though this has been hashed and rehashed, from what ive seen, we keep hearing how this is some heated topic due to the age issue. That doesnt hold water. Id love the Movie refit Constitution. Yes its old...but its contemporary with many BOPs, the Excelsior, some Klingon cruisers, and that Vulcan Sci ship-- all already in the game or sold via c-store.

Excelsior-class - Active: 2280s - 2370s
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Excelsior_class

Constitution-class refit - Active: 2270s with the Motion Picture and went on to get upgrades into the Mid 2290s as seen in Star Trek 6 with the new bridge refit.
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Constitution_class

Klingon K't'inga Class - Active: 2270s - 24th century
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/K%27t%27inga_class

BOP B'rel class - Active: 2280s2370s
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/index.p...rel&fulltext=0

And, coup de gras - Vulcan D'Kyr Sci ship - vessel of the Vulcan High Command active during the - 2150s.
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/D'Kyr

So, I dont see the argument for the ship being too old. Plus, the inclusion of most of the above mentioned ships negates any argument that Cryptic wont make the TOS Refit Connie due to age issues... And, lets face it, this thing would probably net Cryptic more cash than the D'Kyr and the B'rel combined. So, lets have at it!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-13-2011, 01:02 AM
yesssss more than anything yesssss
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-13-2011, 05:09 AM
for the love of god give it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also believe they said CBS was also not allowing a higher tier connie. Anyway the game takes place after 2408 so I really doubt that the retrofit connie would be in service over 138 years there is just no way any type of upgrade could make it viable after that period of time.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-13-2011, 05:22 AM
Never give up. Never surrender.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-13-2011, 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
yesssss more than anything yesssss
I could not agree more !

What happend to your idea of Fun > Canon Cryptic ?
you have done it many times before as pointed out above.

You have put the TOS and movie uniforms in the game, you have put the TOS weapons in the game and you have now put the TOS interior in the game but no high level ship to use it on.

If you can get all that past CBS why not these ships which are at the heart of Star Trek?

And dont give me any bull about using the squad leader system, its not really about hull hit points or shields strengh - its BO slots which make high level ships work and there as many seats on the constitutions bridge as any other ship I have seen.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-13-2011, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokikami View Post
for the love of god give it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also believe they said CBS was also not allowing a higher tier connie. Anyway the game takes place after 2408 so I really doubt that the retrofit connie would be in service over 138 years there is just no way any type of upgrade could make it viable after that period of time.
as opposed to the Vulcan D'Kyr from the 2150s....
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-13-2011, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Dr. Leonard McCoy
as opposed to the Vulcan D'Kyr from the 2150s....
exactly along with the TOS constitution, the Oberth and the NX replica, and all the other 'too old' ships

clearly, the arguement that they shouldn't be in-game just doesn't hold water anymore... and the devs have said that if it came to fun vs. canon, they'll go for fun (which i don't mind at all )

with that said, i want the 2009 enterprise in-game i love the looks of the ship (even if others don't), and it uses the same logic that the Galaxy-X uses (alternate future/reality), so it wouldn't be that hard
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-13-2011, 08:05 AM
From the Ask Cryptic: May 2011

Q: dorko1 I know that the refit is still a touchy subject, but could you guys shed any light on what might happen? I understand that there should be obvious misgivings about the idea of the Constitution class outmatching a vessel 200 yrs new and twice its size, but a replica that's really more of an Excalibur class vessel might be able to add something to the mix.

A: You are correct that it is a touchy subject amongst the community and based on the discussions we've had with CBS about ships, I don't think we're going to put a high-end Constitution Class refit into the game. You can still have a lower tier TOS Connie use the Squad Leader feature to bring their stats up to a higher level, but the odds of an end game Connie refit is a long shot.

PS 2k9 ST won't be brought into game since it's different licensing.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-13-2011, 08:14 AM
I don't give a ferengi's lobes. I will not give up until there is freedom of all ships at endgame. that isnt the curb stomp to the situation and it will not be the statement that stops me.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-13-2011, 08:18 AM
Quote:
From the Ask Cryptic: May 2011

Q: dorko1 I know that the refit is still a touchy subject, but could you guys shed any light on what might happen? I understand that there should be obvious misgivings about the idea of the Constitution class outmatching a vessel 200 yrs new and twice its size, but a replica that's really more of an Excalibur class vessel might be able to add something to the mix.

A: You are correct that it is a touchy subject amongst the community and based on the discussions we've had with CBS about ships, I don't think we're going to put a high-end Constitution Class refit into the game. You can still have a lower tier TOS Connie use the Squad Leader feature to bring their stats up to a higher level, but the odds of an end game Connie refit is a long shot.

PS 2k9 ST won't be brought into game since it's different licensing.
if Cryptic can get the money (and the permission from CBS), then we could still see the 2009 Enterprise in-game at some point it'll be some time either way, but it's still possible
Closed Thread