Lt. Commander
For effects such as "steam jet violent" is there any way to change the vertical height of the effect? It seems to be embedded in the ground shooting sideways on my interior maps (you can't see most of the effect). I tried changing the X, Y, Z but that just moves it around on my map and doesnt change the vertical height (not sure why Z is not oriented vertically like would traditional in a 3-D coordinate system).

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-04-2011, 06:34 AM
The vertical coordinate is Y....i think. Its the 2nd coordinate anyway, i dont have foundry open to check.

Ive used some of these effects in my maps, and ive been able to change their vertical position. Im not sure why its not working for you, but i do notice some objects, when placed up against an existing map structure, have their vertical position changed or cannot be changed, contrary to the coordinate value you enter.

So f it still doesnt work, i suggest moving it about the map and trying again.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-04-2011, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRevan View Post
The vertical coordinate is Y....i think. Its the 2nd coordinate anyway, i dont have foundry open to check.

Ive used some of these effects in my maps, and ive been able to change their vertical position. Im not sure why its not working for you, but i do notice some objects, when placed up against an existing map structure, have their vertical position changed or cannot be changed, contrary to the coordinate value you enter.

So f it still doesnt work, i suggest moving it about the map and trying again.
The Vertical Position Zero Point is fixed at the current level of the ground - so if the ground is sloped or raised above, this resets to ZERO for the XY coordinate. This could be why you are seeing the object, when placed in different locations, alter in height from other simialr objects in other locations.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-04-2011, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razoreye2005 View Post
The Vertical Position Zero Point is fixed at the current level of the ground - so if the ground is sloped or raised above, this resets to ZERO for the XY coordinate. This could be why you are seeing the object, when placed in different locations, alter in height from other simialr objects in other locations.
You're right, but not in all cases. Some maps have....weird interactions. It may just be that the zero point for the vertical coordinates is bugged for the instances ive encountered.

Regardless, if you change the coordinate correctly the object should be shifted in all cases.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Thanks so much for the help, I should have tried "Y" axis since I myself have coded 3-D engines that way where Y is up in my CS days..
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-13-2011, 04:25 AM
The problem I have is that I can't make *any* change to the vertical height of objects. No matter what I enter into Y, they always stay on the ground. I've tried cups on tables, crates on crates, on flat maps, sloped maps, everywhere - but all to no avail.

Am I missing something super obvious? I did a forum search for coordinates and coordinate system and this looked like a promising thread!