Lt. Commander
Use this thread to post your reasons ask to why Cryptic should spotlight your own Foundry made mission(s).

Please indicate the author's name, mission(s) name, faction, BRIEF plot, level accessibility, whether it is a stand-alone, or part of a story arc, and what your mission(s) is geared to mostly (e.g. space, ground, interior, or combo). You can include your mission(s) Foundry file name, but this is optional.

*This thread is not to bash other players missions, only to promote your own to Cryptic, and your fellow STO players.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Author: K.Kaitan
Mission: The Desert Voles
Faction: Klingon
Level: Any
Type: Stand-Alone
Geared: Ground, with some space
Plot: Wipeout some stiff resistance from Starfleet on a desert planet.

Reasons to play my mission: I personally like ground combat, and hope Cryptic's coming update to ground combat makes this mission even better. I made sure this mission wasn't all shoot 'em up, there are a few side objectives to complete, and you can even call in reinforcements.

I really would like players new to STO to try out this mission, as this will really test their ground combat techniques. Enjoy and Qapla'!
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-13-2011, 08:35 AM
Author: Fotimor
Mission: Info Gathering Episode 1 of Fed Invasion
Type: Combo
Geared: Space and Ground Combat
Plot: The Federation has invaded Klingon space. Why? Is it the work of the whole of the Federation or just a few? You must find out.

Reasons to play my mission: I like all aspects of STO and am working to incorporate as much as I can into my missions. I am relatively new to the foundry and am sure I have a lot more to learn. The reason I want people to play my missions is so I can get better at making them. I usually incorporate fixes in my missions within 24 hours. Constructive criticism is great and used to improve my missions.

Author: Fotimor
Mission: Preparations Episode 2 of Fed Invasion
Type: Combo
Geared: Space and Ground Combat
Plot: Federation ships are attacking the fueling station in the Alhena system. You must find out what they are doing there and protect our fueling station.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-13-2011, 09:06 AM
Please, don't spotlight mine.

My reasons: grammatical errors, faulty NPC tags, shoddy dialogue, too informal dialogue, too formal dialogue. talks like gi joes, talks like ivy leaguers of extraordinary gentlemen, too hot, too cold, too hard, too soft, too little combat, too much combat, ninjas, raptor jesus, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-13-2011, 10:30 AM
I'm personally hoping Cryptic chooses missions that the community thinks are good, not the people who made them(because they obviously like their own missions).
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
...My reasons: grammatical errors, faulty NPC tags, shoddy dialogue, too informal dialogue, too formal dialogue. talks like gi joes, talks like ivy leaguers of extraordinary gentlemen, too hot, too cold, too hard, too soft, too little combat, too much combat, ninjas, raptor jesus, etc.
Darren; I'm surprised? I consider you one of the better story tellers and I admire your efforts to improve others abilities using the foundry.

Often those whom help, do not feel appreciated. This is a same. The same goes to all those whom have posted tutorials and other "how to" items here and on the UGC webstie.