Lt. Commander
# 11
05-08-2011, 11:21 AM
They're probably just having server issues. Also, it's not a bug, it's a technical error.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-08-2011, 11:50 AM
I'm still getting these issues, and I've troubleshoot the living daylights on my end, I've notice though the worst times for me (CST) are from 2330hrs to 1000hrs. I also use Comcast Performance Package. If I need higher internet I might as well move in the Pentagon and use their internet.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-08-2011, 12:28 PM
I've actually noticed semi-regular server disconnects, usually occuring when transferring to other maps, which, BTW, seems to take longer than it used to. Sometimes it'll happen right in the middle of a mission, although not
too often, just once in while.
However, until a couple months ago, I never had that problem, and I've been playing since the open Beta.
And, no, there hasn't been any change in computers, service providers, type of service, nor software/hardware changes. My system is optimized for gaming and that's pretty much all it's used for.
I've kinda asuumed it was due to something that was unintentionally done in a patch and hoping that eventually it'll be fixed. On the bright side, when it does happen, a quick relog will put me right back where it left off. I'd of raised more of a fuss if it meant constant mission restarts. For now, it's just an irritation, but I'm used to that in STO, I fly Klingon...
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Merged a few threads, all related to disconnects, and moved everyone up to the PC/Tech forum for more assistance.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-08-2011, 03:43 PM
i seem to have this problem only when I pvp with my fleet, or pvp practice with my fleet...only sometimes does it let me back into the pvp match...very annoying
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-13-2011, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_wirge
I'm still getting these issues, and I've troubleshoot the living daylights on my end, I've notice though the worst times for me (CST) are from 2330hrs to 1000hrs. I also use Comcast Performance Package. If I need higher internet I might as well move in the Pentagon and use their internet.
I'm getting the exact same thing, and it's starting to irritate me to no end.

Cryptic, TAKE NOTE! I'm paying 20 bucks a month for a game that I can't even play because your damn server keeps booting me? FIX IT.

Lt. Commander
# 17
05-13-2011, 10:29 AM
comparing one game agaisnt another is an invalid comparasion. It is like saying I can not get to work but I can get to the store so it must be my work place fault. (they are other ends of town)

every game has different ip, different routing paths , different ports used, different packet configuration, and different latency tolerancy.

right now thee a reoccuring problem at routing through cogentco.com specially for oversea users. (nothing Cryptic can do as they don't control cogentco)

post a tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com and a nettest for ports

Nettest:
Go to http://files.champions-online.com/nettest.exe
Download this file and run it
A command prompt should appear running the test automatically

For good connections, column 1 and 3 have values around 500 kb/sec (outgoing/incoming), column 2 has values around 20 kb/sec (transfer rate). If the values in these columns is less than what is expected you may have filtering or blocked ports either on your personal network or from your ISP.

so some valid data can be look at.

nettest only ch ecks some of the critical ports 9game uses 7000-7500 and random selects whenever you change maps) you can use http://www.firebind.com/content.php web based port checker. to check the full range.