Lt. Commander
# 11
05-13-2011, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLocutusXx
Iam not totally shocked about this.. every season something doesnt get done or they just cant get it done.

And frankly iam getting abit tired of it.
Maybe, but its even worse when the promises broken are about the KDF since they have so little to begin with. If your going to have to leave something out, it shouldnt be that.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
Im wondering why that happens all the time. Too much ambition ? Im still waiting for my Anthropology missions and the KDF equivalent of diplomacy....
I think they only indicated any interest in a KDF Diplomacy counterpart in the last month aside from Gozer gauging interest in a ship-stealing system.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-13-2011, 11:21 AM
I think there are numerous reasons why this always happens. But the majority of it is due to there dev group size. They try to do all the things that they want but just can never make it. Ive asked stahl numerous times on whats going on about hiring more people but always avoids my questions like the plague. And that shows me that they eather arent going to do it, or hes asked and been shot down.

Again this is just speculating on my part. I think there just trying to make as much money on this game till people finally step up and go.. sorry your just not cutting it and people start to find other games that offer more content. And ive already lost 10+ friends who i managed to get to this game but they just dont enjoy it do to the lack of content. My one buddy said.. no way iam paying 16 bucks a month and paying ontop of it pay additional content thats placed in the cstore for a game with nothing going for it. And

I see the exact... exact same things happening as I did with swg just prior to the game losing more and more people. And it all came down to soe but also dev size. There just wasnt enouph devs to make content for a pay to play mmo.

Tutorials arent a big issue.. but its the same old same old for STO that things are always left out for fluff. The duty officer system is not going to be "in my view" something thats going to keep you entertained at all. Your going to send your crew to non playable mission and wait till there finished to get a shiney. Youll also get them to adjust your ships abilities through some of there skills. Thats not something you can actually enjoy... its all background gameplay that has no depth. Adding in new clothing isnt going to solve the games problems but seems the only thing they can do which seems to please some of the fan base here in paying a monthly sub which to me is like.. really????

Anyways.. I just dont know anymore...... things need to change.

Peace
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-13-2011, 11:25 AM
Its bullchips is what it is.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-13-2011, 11:29 AM
we decided that the new Qonos is way to awesome for Klingons so we are slapping some fed textures on it and giving it to them. I am of course being sarcastic. I am really happy to give you a city scape that I've been planning for quite some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksparrowjive55 View Post
It was originally stated that in Season 4 Klingons would be betting a tutorial and would start at the Klngon academy and then go to the updated Qo'nos map where they would have a bunch of new quests they could do around Qo'nos. So there are at least 3 parts to that:

1) Tutorial
-postponed

2) Klingon academy
-also postponed cause it ties in with the tutorial

3) Updated Qo'nos
-in season 4

4) New missions on updated Qo'nos
-all the designers are working hard on a lot of things so maybe. if not in season 4 soon after. its gonna happen.

Last night we found out the tutorial was being postponed, but what about #s 2-4? Are these still being released in Season 4 or being postponed too?
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Wall
we decided that the new Qonos is way to awesome for Klingons so we are slapping some fed textures on it and giving it to them. I am of course being sarcastic. I am really happy to give you a city scape that I've been planning for quite some time.
Funny this is.. I wouldnt be totally surprised by that move.. if it was true

Iam sorry but 3 major things prosponed.. iam not impressed. Ill say this much STO may be the only game iam playing atm.. but there is another mmo game to come out this year.. things need to be getting done rather prosponed if your going to make any of your playerbase happy. Just giving you some feedback sir.

peace
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-13-2011, 11:35 AM
If they like it or not, Cryptic is running out of time to prove themselves with Star Trek Online. There's contenders about in the form of new Sci fi MMOs lurking around the corner that could hijack a lot of STO players. Sure there's always going to be a nice membership basis here in STO, but Atari wants PROFITS! If STO drops back to the sub numbers they've had around S1+ then it looks like STO will be hitting the F2P label soon, which means virtually no development anymore for 1 thing.

I know people will be bashing comments like this, but I've seen it happen before. Well more serious versions in which the MMO was dropped completely, but I suppose that Atari would have STO dangle about a wee bit longer to squeeze out the last pennies.

I hope they don't screw up Season 4 in regards to equal content because STO is a MMORPG before it is Star Trek, something a LOT of people both on these forums and in game seem to be forgetting. An MMORPG needs all types of players and basically, the Hardcore players already buggered off.

=> Equal content for both factions = balanced game with a full duplex of factions which constitute balanced PvP in terms of numbers, new influx of players that would like to play the "other side of the fence" in STO and the return of many former subscribers. I do fully understand that Cryptic doesn't have a fancy Harry Potter wand from which they can shoot magic content, but they should at least level with the community about the work they can actually do for their big season updates instead of getting ahead of themselves and give people false hope.

False hope = disappointed people, which results in a further decrease of sub numbers. A lot of people will be checking in on STO again after S4 goes live but if it doesn't live up to their expectations (read the promises made by the devs) then they'll leave as quick as they've come back. Something to consider, Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-13-2011, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meynolt View Post
=> Equal content for both factions = balanced game with a full duplex of factions which constitute balanced PvP in terms of numbers,
Even if both factions had equal content, the numbers would not be balanced. There will always be significantly more Fed players than KDF simply because Feds are the "good guys" and focus of the shows. But dont just take my word for it. I did a poll back in March of 2009, which was WAY before anyone had any idea Klingons would have less content than Feds, and check out the results:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=15931
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-13-2011, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLocutusXx
Iam sorry but 3 major things prosponed.. iam not impressed.
See, they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. If they delay Season 4 until everything is done, then everyone complains about the horrible content draught and why can't they get things done on time. If they rush the tutorial/academy features to make the Season 4 release, then everybody complains that the KDF tutorial is half-assed compared to the Fed tutorial, and oh look, there goes Cryptic releasing something that's still in a Beta state again. If they put out what's done in Season 4 at season 4 and delay what isn't, then you get the response above.

If you want Cryptic to take our community feedback seriously, we have to give them a way that they can win. A way other than, "Magically have everything on the development schedule perfectly polished and ready to release tomorrow".
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Even if both factions had equal content, the numbers would not be balanced. There will always be significantly more Fed players than KDF simply because Feds are the "good guys" and focus of the shows. But dont just take my word for it. I did a poll back in March of 2009, which was WAY before anyone had any idea Klingons would have less content than Feds, and check out the results:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=15931
I get what you mean, but you need to look at the long term plans Cryptic has (or so they claim), inter sector open warfare between the KDF and Feds, interactive player manipulation of the war and so on. Imagine a system like that with an imbalanced population like you have now. Sure it will never be 100% balanced, but there's no MMO out there that has any perfect balances anyway.

Besides on a different note, also consider this:

The Romulan faction. If Cryptic is already struggling this heavily with the KDF faction, imagine how hard it will be for them to keep a 3th faction up to specs with the sugarcoated Fed faction... impossible isn't it? This just expands the problem they already have: balanced factions!