Lt. Commander
Hi all. Thanks to Leviathan99 and LordOfPit on this one. It's kind of a crazy workaround, and you have to trust the intelligence of the npcs. But, it seems pretty reliable. Please leave feedback:

How to use mobs of npcs as timers for triggers:

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/sto...part-7-timers/
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-13-2011, 11:12 AM
Pretty insane way of managing triggers to be a timer. Pretty crude stuff but hey it gets the job done!

It's funny, I've had trouble with triggers reacting immediately upon player spawn, etc which has generated some problems in the latest mission I'm doing... I'm surprised that the action in the back room happens so well while the player is off screen,
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-13-2011, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueEnterprise View Post
Pretty insane way of managing triggers to be a timer. Pretty crude stuff but hey it gets the job done!

It's funny, I've had trouble with triggers reacting immediately upon player spawn, etc which has generated some problems in the latest mission I'm doing... I'm surprised that the action in the back room happens so well while the player is off screen,
Yep, it's pretty crude, lol. I think the action happens so smoothly offscreen because the pushpins trick the engine into thinking the stuff is happening in engineering. That's my guess, at least. Thanks for watching.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-13-2011, 12:57 PM
Wow. Good thing I found this tutorial. It's not exactly a timer i need for my mission, but the mechanics might help me salvage a feature I couldn't make work so far.