Lt. Commander
# 1 Your Character, My Voice
05-13-2011, 02:42 PM
Hey, all. I can't decide if this is a general Discussion thread or a Ten Forward thread but I wanted to present a fun little game/challenge as summer begins.

Basically, make a character in STO. It can be your Captain, one of your bridge officers, or just something you toy with in the character creator. It can even be an NPC if you can get a good screenshot of them. It can be any species, any faction. I'd ask that it be male.

Post a link to a screenshot of the character. Post a line of dialogue you'd envision the character saying.

From there, every so often I'll take a few and I'll record my idea of what the character sounds like saying your line of dialogue. My range may or may not be right for every character. It may or may not match your idea of what they sound like.

But it should be a fun little exercise. You can go wild with a custom alien if you want or go for something subtle. I'll post batches of these to Youtube. If I pick to use your sample and you want to use it for a Foundry trailer, just give me a heads up and I'll make arrangements to send you a copy of the audio file.

I'd just like to see what we can make together.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Ok you are on I will get working