Lt. Commander
# 31
05-11-2011, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
This may not come off in the manner I intended it... Cryptic seems to need a good self audit of their customer service.

"The competition is anyone the customer compares you with."
- Tom Connellan from the book Inside the Magic Kingdom

Silence and inactivity seem to have given many in the STO community negative feelings in regards to Cryptic. Again no disrespect to the STO overlords (joking) perhaps Cryptic does need to understand that great companies are great by way of good communication. Great companies are not great only because they deliver the best product or have the best launch time lines, heck some very good companies don't always fix issues at lightning speed.... HOWEVER they all communicate at all times with their Bosses, their customers.

“So when the culture says, ‘Help the guest,’ it applies to everyone. Every single person ‘walks the
talk.’ Accountants walk the talk’ mechanical engineers walk the talk; supervisors walk the talk. In the
Magic Kingdom, everyone walks the talk"
- Tom Connellan from the book Inside the Magic Kingdom

"An empowered organization is one in which individuals have the knowledge, skill, desire, and opportunity to personally succeed in a way that leads to collective organizational success." --Stephen Covey

Cryptic is a small unit of people I understand that, I will say that it does seem some of them are willing to step up and do their best to address concerns. However the culture of the organization (Cryptic) Must at some level allow this to be effective. Having Cryptic employees take personal time to explore issues is HUGE, however the company must step up and endorse/back this type of excellent customer service. Doing so promotes both positive customer/organization relationships, as well as Employee/organization relationships. Its a win win, and can fuel loyalty on both sides.

"You can’t build a reputation on what you are going to do."
- Henry Ford

Cryptic (pun intended) engineering reports are a great line of communication between the bosses (customers) and the company. However follow through is what closes the deal on the goodwill it can engender.
Goals must be Specific Measurable Achievable Realistic and Time-Bound (SMART) Many ideas have been talked about by Cryptic staff, some have been given time lines that lapsed. It is never a bad idea to go through current goals and apply an Honest Smart look over and be honest and upfront in communications. Again Great companies do not have to have the most aggressive time lines, they simply need to be the most accurate in their forecasting.

"I quote others to better express myself."
- French Philosopher Montaigne

LOL no disrespect intended to anyone Cryptic, I'm sure you have plenty of internal best practices, likely a great mission statement. If after a min of self reflection, you believe you can not improve customer service, I would ask you please look again. We can all do better no matter what line of work where in. Thanks.
Wow...its a forum post of every silly corporate buzz-word meeting I have ever had. I wish you had written this ten years ago and stuck it onto a powerpoint slide. I could have just read this and saved myself about 100 hours of lame meetings.

I'd like to point out something too - your (not you specifically...just everyones) perceptions of how responsive Cryptic is to your concerns is solely your perspective. If you feel the communication is lacking, the game isn't what you hoped for, and you don't think your opinion is valued or your problems are being addressed, then vote with your wallet. Lost revenue gets the attention of a company a lot faster than some forum threads. Especially when you consider that we have been told only a small fraction of the STO player population even read or post in the forums. All of your complaints about power x or system y could be covered as the statistical outliers when judged against the greater number of players NOT complaining.
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-11-2011, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
Wow...its a forum post of every silly corporate buzz-word meeting I have ever had. I wish you had written this ten years ago and stuck it onto a powerpoint slide. I could have just read this and saved myself about 100 hours of lame meetings.

I'd like to point out something too - your (not you specifically...just everyones) perceptions of how responsive Cryptic is to your concerns is solely your perspective. If you feel the communication is lacking, the game isn't what you hoped for, and you don't think your opinion is valued or your problems are being addressed, then vote with your wallet. Lost revenue gets the attention of a company a lot faster than some forum threads. Especially when you consider that we have been told only a small fraction of the STO player population even read or post in the forums. All of your complaints about power x or system y could be covered as the statistical outliers when judged against the greater number of players NOT complaining.
Quick note... yes it is our prospective... and they should matter to Cryptic. Right or wrong your customers perceptions are what make or break you. Cryptic does need to take a bit more control in that regard in a few places... Honestly the fact that the Engi Reports exist are proof that they do feel there is merit to the idea of communication with their customers. Using some humor to make a point, seemed like a good idea instead of "voting with my wallet"

There was humor intended in the buzz quotes.

I would think in general this goes well beyond one power at this point. Said power has simply been for some (some of us have simply lost friends that have voted with their wallets) "the last straw", "the last kick at the can", "the Journey's End", "the Fat lady has likely Sung","indeed perhaps Elvis has left the building", "Some have felt Sold down the river", "indeed its the days of many players Swan Songs", "I guess though that we shouldn't try to appeal for change, we should Abandon all hope , all ye who enter here", "Honestly though I have no real Axe to Grind", "I think you can simply say I am at the end of ones tether."

Indeed things seem too be sorta "Hanging By a Thread" But any way I won't "Flog a Dead horse" any longer.

Before you reply... understand, its a game and this was a bit of humor. (Perhaps we do make mountains out of mole hills... and perhaps my humor is simply not so funny, I may have one too many bats in the belfry."

Anyway I'm hear for awhile Rome was not built in a day. Long LIVE STO. (no more jokes I promise I just hope Cryptic has some good things in the pipeline LOL Ok now I stop)
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-12-2011, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Quick note... yes it is our prospective... and they should matter to Cryptic. Right or wrong your customers perceptions are what make or break you. Cryptic does need to take a bit more control in that regard in a few places... Honestly the fact that the Engi Reports exist are proof that they do feel there is merit to the idea of communication with their customers. Using some humor to make a point, seemed like a good idea instead of "voting with my wallet"

There was humor intended in the buzz quotes.

I would think in general this goes well beyond one power at this point. Said power has simply been for some (some of us have simply lost friends that have voted with their wallets) "the last straw", "the last kick at the can", "the Journey's End", "the Fat lady has likely Sung","indeed perhaps Elvis has left the building", "Some have felt Sold down the river", "indeed its the days of many players Swan Songs", "I guess though that we shouldn't try to appeal for change, we should Abandon all hope , all ye who enter here", "Honestly though I have no real Axe to Grind", "I think you can simply say I am at the end of ones tether."

Indeed things seem too be sorta "Hanging By a Thread" But any way I won't "Flog a Dead horse" any longer.

Before you reply... understand, its a game and this was a bit of humor. (Perhaps we do make mountains out of mole hills... and perhaps my humor is simply not so funny, I may have one too many bats in the belfry."

Anyway I'm hear for awhile Rome was not built in a day. Long LIVE STO. (no more jokes I promise I just hope Cryptic has some good things in the pipeline LOL Ok now I stop)
I'm just glad you were using humor with the buzz words. I was about to accuse you of being Tony Robbins!
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-15-2011, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-NRG
* Goes trough the topic
* Another pass
* Another pass
* Another pass

Didn't find any.

PS: For real.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
I don't see any veiled insults here; I see valid criticism. Priorities have been mismanaged, it is fair to discuss that and point that out. PvP has been neglected under Dstahl, by his own admission, and that's perfectly fair to discuss as well. Rather than take offense at criticism you should be aware that we only want this game to improve, specifically the PvP section that we all enjoy. When you cannot take a small amount of criticism from your customers you have to step back and take a good hard look at your corporate attitude. Do you view us as equals and value our opinions or not?
LOL at Wishstone.

These comments made my day.
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-16-2011, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
When you cannot take a small amount of criticism from your customers you have to step back and take a good hard look at your corporate attitude. Do you view us as equals and value our opinions or not?
Well Said!!!