Lt. Commander
# 41
05-17-2011, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Dstahl made the post announcing the new employees starting in June after the news broke about Atari this morning.

I'm convinced they have a buyer they can't announce yet and that this ties into things the devs have been saying for months.
well the way i see it you're either right...or you're not.

but im starting to think you might just be on to something.
Lt. Commander
# 42
05-17-2011, 02:48 PM
There's some great speculation in this thread. I shall put it away somewhere safe so that I can look back when all this hubbub is over :p
Lt. Commander
# 43
05-17-2011, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
btw... several of STO's new devs are starting in June - so that is one reason they haven't responded yet.
Please tell me this includes addi0tional ship makers.

My hope is that one will be interested in making BoP wing animations optional (my only issue with this entire game is that my ship was ruined by that .. um.. move).
Lt. Commander
# 44
05-17-2011, 03:03 PM
things going to get interesting. whats going to become of lifetime members? whats going to become of unused atari tokens? even if cryptic is purchased by a company doesnt mean the want to keep sto or c'o. this wouldnt be the first time a company hired people before a massive layoff.
Lt. Commander
# 45
05-17-2011, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_quack
even if cryptic is purchased by a company doesnt mean the want to keep sto or c'o.
I think any buyer of Cryptic is buying CO and STO. Why buy it otherwise? It'd be cheaper to just hire the devs away from Cryptic. No one is going to buy Apple and then scrap the iPhone; buying Cryptic to get rid of the only two products it makes isn't logical.
Lt. Commander
# 46
05-17-2011, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Dstahl made the post announcing the new employees starting in June after the news broke about Atari this morning.

I'm convinced they have a buyer they can't announce yet and that this ties into things the devs have been saying for months.
This might be the reason why Craig was brought back on to the team every so subtly several months ago. ... could it be that he has something to do with reacquiring Cryptic?
Lt. Commander
# 47 Lets just take a deep breath.
05-17-2011, 07:36 PM
Lets all take a deep breath. Now that the news has broken and panicked the community. Stahl and co are bound to talk to the powers that be and, say hey we need to prevent a panic and mass exodus of players. Lets get a General statement out to really put the players mind at ease. Give them some time and until then take them at their word that STO and Co is not just going to shut down in a day or so. They have too much invested in their own time and sweat to see these games just die. They have not let us down so far lets give them a bit of trust here.
Lt. Commander
# 48
05-17-2011, 07:39 PM
IMHO, what's essential and really should be covered:

1) If there is a buyer, they should get permission to say they have one. Don't need to say who or when it takes effect but that there is one.

2) Acknowledge that they'll be honoring existing gametime and subscriptions.

3) If Atari Tokens won't transfer, give us a "use by" date or allow us to trade them for Cryptic Points at a 1:1 conversion.
Lt. Commander
# 49
05-17-2011, 07:46 PM
Quote:

1) If there is a buyer, they should get permission to say they have one. Don't need to say who or when it takes effect but that there is one.

3) If Atari Tokens won't transfer, give us a "use by" date or allow us to trade them for Cryptic Points at a 1:1 conversion.
I agree with this, anything better than "Everything is fine at the moment"

Obviously it's fine right now, but what about next month?
Lt. Commander
# 50
05-17-2011, 11:53 PM
Quote:

I think I'm goning to send you a couple of quick-pick lottery cards to fill out for me...

Your ch'i is very powerful at the moment...