If you have purchased a Legacy or Starter Pack, please see this thread for instructions on how to claim your items in-game. (Please see the yellow text in the linked thread for instructions on creating a Reman.) (Not seeing your pack in-game? Please see the lime-green text in the linked thread above for information.)
If you have additional questions about the Legacy or Starter pack, please read this FAQ.
Thanks SO MUCH for all your support, and we'll see you in-game!
- The Star Trek Online Team
"Login failed for unknown reason" error
Missing additional character slot for current/ lapsed Gold Members
Slow patching in the launcher
A bug that involved Romulan Liberated Borg captains and their skills once they chose an ally
Some characters were stuck in a loading screen with a "Server Not Responding" message
Too much spam and not enough FAW or you are just too polite to use it? You are stuck in lol ground with hordes of security escorts, drones and turrets?
Do not fear! There is help on the horizon.
Your very own targetting macro in several rather easy steps:
1) Go to your STO directory (somehting like C:\Users\Public\Games\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live)
2) Create a file "target.txt" with the following content:
Numpad1 target hale
Numpad2 target era
Numpad3 target hil'bert
Numpad4 target linnty
Numpad5 target tide the roleplayer
3) Enter the following command in your chat box: /bind Numpad0 "bind_load_file target.txt"
How to use it:
1) Find a safe place to hide for a few seconds (or do the following steps before you start a challenge match)
2) Edit "target.txt" and replace the names with the names of the players you are going to face. Save the edited file.
3) Press the "0" key on your number pad. (Maybe you have to toggle NumLock to make this work.)
4) Press "1"-"5" on your number pad to select a player (only works if you can see the player on the minimap)
1) It takes time to set up the new names at the beginning of a match. Usually only challenge or ground matches give you enough time to do that. In space you have to find a safe spot; directly at your spawn point is not such a spot.
2) I'm only using this occasionally in ground pvp. Spam clearing in space is so easy (and the carriers are so big) that it usually isn't worth the trouble.
On a couple toons I think I have Target_Enemy_Next setup to avoid shooting 3 shots at the cruiser I'm going head on with thats dropping mines behind em. (I'm so silly)
I have my turrets in those slots anyway which I have bound to my E key to fire all 3 of them together... when I have annoying spammers I will Roll my fingers accrose / * - above my number pad... shooting one turret per target... Removes Mines in no time... and I don't have to run no FAW or CSV. LOL (I am serious about this one)