Lt. Commander
# 1 Some Ground Pointers
05-19-2011, 09:57 AM
If you guys are taking ground combat as serious as you say, then i have a few notes for you.
1. We need more ground weapons in R&D, especially if your going to upgrade the borg drones, with real adaptive shielding.
2. If the borg are going to have real adaptive shielding, i recommend on working on that one mechanic, that has drones spawn out of no where. This happens when you attack the main group. Otherwise everyone is just going to end up dead.
3. Mechanics with NPCS on the ground need looked at. If you and your bridge officers are melee the enemy npcs will continue to back up as you attack. The problem is i have had npcs literally run backwards almost into the other side of the map. Might be something you want to look into.
4. Also ground enemy npcs, i have had them spawn up top of buildings, in buildings, and under buildings.
5. If the borg are going to have adaptive shielding, our bridge officers are going to need a second weapon slot, and beable to switch to that weapons. Otherwise its going to be player vrs 8 npcs hehe.
6. Oh for the bolt setting phaser rifle, might want to look at something like first contact for the sounds and animation. Not Star trek nemesis, those animations and sound for phaser rifles was fail.

These are a few things i have noticed in ground combat, just thought it would be a good idea to point them out, with season four around the corner. I may add to this as things to come to my mind.Oh and i am looking forward to this ground upgrade.