Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
So I had this though and wanted some general communith thougts. With the Foundry you can create some cool custom star systems. Howeve, getting to them requires some tricks. You can't leave from sector space since they really don't exits. Now we all find ways to get around this but here is my thought.

In all of the sector blocks create one or two generic systems with no names that could be used as entry doors for Custom systems in missions. These would given a generic label. My question to the community is would this be immersion breaking? Is it a good idea? Can something like this be implemented?


To any moderator I poted here to get the feedback of the community at large insteed of just those who choose to use the Foundry as this idea would affect their immersion as well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-31-2011, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Stipe
So I had this though and wanted some general communith thougts. With the Foundry you can create some cool custom star systems. Howeve, getting to them requires some tricks. You can't leave from sector space since they really don't exits. Now we all find ways to get around this but here is my thought.

In all of the sector blocks create one or two generic systems with no names that could be used as entry doors for Custom systems in missions. These would given a generic label. My question to the community is would this be immersion breaking? Is it a good idea? Can something like this be implemented?


To any moderator I poted here to get the feedback of the community at large insteed of just those who choose to use the Foundry as this idea would affect their immersion as well.
Personally, I'd love to see the Nebulas (ie Delta Volanis, etc.) be made a system door, and that way, Foundry authors could add/reference new star systems, planets, etc; as they see fit. For now though, I suppose you could use the Bruar Patch as it has a door; and place a new system/planet in there.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-31-2011, 02:10 PM
Well I personally want to know, how you actually make it so the goal is to get somewhere?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-31-2011, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forresto View Post
Well I personally want to know, how you actually make it so the goal is to get somewhere?
Easy sinmply set your entry door for the start of the mission as a system in sector space. On the very first map transitions if you selcect the entry door icon you can choose sector block and then system. That way you can accpet the mission anywhere and then travel to it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
05-19-2011, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Stipe
Easy sinmply set your entry door for the start of the mission as a system in sector space. On the very first map transitions if you selcect the entry door icon you can choose sector block and then system. That way you can accpet the mission anywhere and then travel to it.
I couldn't figure out how to do this. What is the "entry door icon"? How do you set your entry door? Can you possibly show screenshots of you doing this, because I can't figure this out... Thanks!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6 New system doors
05-20-2011, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Stipe
So I had this though and wanted some general communith thougts. With the Foundry you can create some cool custom star systems. Howeve, getting to them requires some tricks. You can't leave from sector space since they really don't exits. Now we all find ways to get around this but here is my thought.

In all of the sector blocks create one or two generic systems with no names that could be used as entry doors for Custom systems in missions. These would given a generic label. My question to the community is would this be immersion breaking? Is it a good idea? Can something like this be implemented?


To any moderator I poted here to get the feedback of the community at large insteed of just those who choose to use the Foundry as this idea would affect their immersion as well.
I personally like the idea. Otherwise you must make a startpoint "door" system or such to warp to
your "newly created system". This also requires the use of one of the mission maps or you can
magically end up in the system as soon as you beam to your ship from ESD.
Using the nebulas would also be a good idea, as they are "unexplored areas" of space.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spawn of Medusa

Level:
Any level player (Approx 1 hour)

A new enemy, unlikely ally, and plenty of action in this start to my new series.
*Decent Ground Combat
*Decent Space Combat
*Dialogue Heavy storyline
*Fairly easy Trek trivia based puzzles for newer players
*Heavy objective interactive storyline.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:23 AM.