Lt. Commander
# 21
05-21-2011, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
DO IT NOW!!!!!
This is..the worst proposition I have ever heard, concerning aux power. Totally agree with Mustrum.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-21-2011, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanTom View Post
This is..the worst proposition I have ever heard, concerning aux power. Totally agree with Mustrum.
Yay I got sig'd
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-21-2011, 08:13 AM
Emergency power to shields... where does this magical energy come from btw?
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-21-2011, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
Emergency power to shields... where does this magical energy come from btw?
The Emergency Batteries.

And this ain't your average iStarship where you can only replace batteries by sending it in. They recharge quickly!
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-21-2011, 08:27 AM
Yea, full impulse rams are funny ^^
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-21-2011, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
The Emergency Batteries.

And this ain't your average iStarship where you can only replace batteries by sending it in. They recharge quickly!
Why can't I use all of this so-called "emergency power" in non-emergencies? And why is there so much power reserved for emergencies? Oh wait... Cruisers can lolcycle 4 EPtX for constant +72 power. :p
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-21-2011, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Why can't I use all of this so-called "emergency power" in non-emergencies? And why is there so much power reserved for emergencies? Oh wait... Cruisers can lolcycle 4 EPtX for constant +72 power. :p
It should be quite evident why this is the case, but since you really don't seem to know, I will explain you, see... Hey, is that a flying pink elephant over there?

*ducks and hide*
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-21-2011, 12:19 PM
I think honestly if they wanted the power system to make sense and be more canon they would have;

Weapons
Shields
Engines
Deflector
Aux

I seem to remember in the shows they always where charging the deflector ect.

Sci skill should have the same drain mechanic weapons do and run off Deflector power....

All Emergency power too skills should be... Aux power to... and the pool should recharge slower then all other systems... like a -100 EPS value or something. (Think like a big Hi Tech Capacitor system that charges off the warp core bleed or whatever... if it was instant power why would it be reserve or aux power right)

Won't ever happen... but its how it should have been designed from the start.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-21-2011, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Actually, you only need to lolcycle 3 EPtX if your doin' it right. Tradeoff is 2/3's uptime on three systems vs. 100% uptime on two, but freeing up an engineering slot makes it worth it. I use EPtA, EPtW, and EPtS on Jorfaid.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-22-2011, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
Such a horrible idea, where to begin?

Okay, lets start with your sig. What science powers let you simultaneously kill three people in one hit? .
ACTUALLY.........

CPB3
PSW
TRACTOR

when i use an aux battery and cast emergency power to weapons... my aux stays at max as i chain fire a 6k drain cpb3, 4 second psw stun, and maximum hold strength tractor.

i fire one beam overload and my weapons power is down, the second takes it to <50. i fire the tric to finish

and then i still have maximum aux power for cloak efficacy on the outbound.

i would take a nerf, to suggest a biased personal appraoch to this thread is horrible.

i can use my aux power to full after overloading my system and doing several offensive moves, aux to sif, hazards... etc.

this is imbalance. please take the time to fully comprhend the situation.. thanks