Lt. Commander
# 1 Utopia planitia yard
05-16-2011, 03:41 PM
i was researching and i realize that the federation doesn't have the utopia planitia yards. i thought i would be cool place to go to get ships. but you can check out new ship or other stuff u give me ideas. but i was thinking we could get special stuff from this place and maybe do extra stuff with your ship.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-17-2011, 08:59 AM
Utopia Planitia is probabably on its way as they are expanding locations in the Sol System. But we need reasons to go to these new locations. I propose the following;

Starbase - Sickbay/Chief Engineer (Minor)/Admirals/Officer equipment/Tailors/club/exchange/bank/ambasadors/lots of vendors

Academy - Officer Requisition/Officer Training/Officer Exchange/Holodeck for historic missions/Tutorial/Respec
Unique Training

Utopia Planitia - Ship Requisition/Ship Customisation/Console Vendors/Chief Engineer (Critical)/Ship Selection
Unique consoles

Jupitor Station - Crafting (Uncommon Items ONLY or Ground Items ONLY)
Unique ground Items

The problem is your seperating them from the main hub which may not work. Regardless i do want reasons to go to the new locations.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-17-2011, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picard246
i was researching and i realize that the federation doesn't have the utopia planitia yards. i thought i would be cool place to go to get ships. but you can check out new ship or other stuff u give me ideas. but i was thinking we could get special stuff from this place and maybe do extra stuff with your ship.
Believe it or not, the KDF has it....well kinda.
They go there to blow something up.

http://www.stowiki.org/images/8/84/R...a_Planitia.png

http://www.stowiki.org/images/f/f3/R...Planitia_2.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-19-2011, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo.trident View Post
Utopia Planitia is probabably on its way as they are expanding locations in the Sol System. But we need reasons to go to these new locations. I propose the following;

Starbase - Sickbay/Chief Engineer (Minor)/Admirals/Officer equipment/Tailors/club/exchange/bank/ambasadors/lots of vendors

Academy - Officer Requisition/Officer Training/Officer Exchange/Holodeck for historic missions/Tutorial/Respec
Unique Training

Utopia Planitia - Ship Requisition/Ship Customisation/Console Vendors/Chief Engineer (Critical)/Ship Selection
Unique consoles

Jupitor Station - Crafting (Uncommon Items ONLY or Ground Items ONLY)
Unique ground Items

The problem is your seperating them from the main hub which may not work. Regardless i do want reasons to go to the new locations.
i don't really see why that wouldn't work, all you would be doing is move a few existing NPC's around to different maps.

i do agree they should be important and have real reasons to go to them, but if they do this for us, then the Klingon's will want something similar for Quo' Nos.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-20-2011, 02:25 AM
No I think it is doable, but what do you put in ESD to replace the things you have moved as it is a very big place. Plus the ship requisition area is probably the most awesome room there is, I love staring up at that beauty of a Galaxy.

And when they do implement Utopia Planitia, please oh please model it from the images from VOY: Relativity. That was the greatest scene in Star Trek.

I have no problem with the Klingons getting something as well, they need some new stuff. But where would you go? Is Ty-Gokor in game?
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-20-2011, 01:16 PM
It seems like more of a hassle than anything else. ESD works because so much stuff is in one central location. If I had to beam down, or hop on my ship just to go do a few different things that I could have done at ESD I would get tired of that real fast.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adml_shake View Post
It seems like more of a hassle than anything else. ESD works because so much stuff is in one central location. If I had to beam down, or hop on my ship just to go do a few different things that I could have done at ESD I would get tired of that real fast.
perhaps a compromise then, why not have in at least console form all of the needed vendors in the new social zones, but at the same time, leave Spacedock unchanged, for the most part.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-21-2011, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo.trident View Post
No I think it is doable, but what do you put in ESD to replace the things you have moved as it is a very big place. Plus the ship requisition area is probably the most awesome room there is, I love staring up at that beauty of a Galaxy.

And when they do implement Utopia Planitia, please oh please model it from the images from VOY: Relativity. That was the greatest scene in Star Trek.
I did like that scene too. I would recommend that the KDF mission "Second Star to the Right" be modified to better reflect that scene. Some more ship variety would be very good to liven up the area. (Having only tier 3 heavy crusiers, tier 1 frigates, runabouts, and shuttle crafts is not a very good depiction).