Lt. Commander
# 21
05-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the quote. Excellent news! Now when he says TNG lets hope its First Contact/Voyager borg because that was a major improvement. Either way the fact that they are improving on them is encouraging.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-16-2011, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo.trident View Post
Thanks for the quote. Excellent news! Now when he says TNG lets hope its First Contact/Voyager borg because that was a major improvement. Either way the fact that they are improving on them is encouraging.
I would assume by TNG Borg he means the kind you see in Khitomer Accord and State of Q(like these) -- pale skin, black armor, "full" body -- less the zombie-like ones of the 25th century.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-16-2011, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo.trident View Post
I remember when I first saw first contact, the borg where expletive scary, all grey mottled skin and utterly relentless in charging at security teams. this is what they need to be like, you have to see a borg and feel like running in the other direction.

It is a little disappointing that the federations greatest enemy, where a single ship took out 39 ships uncontested can be destroyed 1v1.
It is a wonder what 150 to 200 years of innovation, progress and growth of science can do verses adapt and assimilate. Remember, the Borg never create new tech, they just assimilate what they run across. The Borg are stagnant while the Federation creates and innovates new technologies.

Thus the Borg, through the passage of time, become weaker and less fearsome
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-16-2011, 01:46 PM
So the Borg just suddenly stopped adapting? That kind of rational, whether it's correct or not, is robbing us of fun game play opportunities. All of the enemies feel the same. Give the Borg some flavor.

Also, I hope that the rework that the Borg are receiving isn't limited to ground...
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-16-2011, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenTen
It is a wonder what 150 to 200 years of innovation, progress and growth of science can do verses adapt and assimilate. Remember, the Borg never create new tech, they just assimilate what they run across. The Borg are stagnant while the Federation creates and innovates new technologies.

Thus the Borg, through the passage of time, become weaker and less fearsome
Agreed but the borg would have had the same amount of time to assimilate other cultures stealing their inovation. The stagnation of the borg would be proportionate to the decline in species to assimilate and since Trek has a whole boatload of species there are plenty of ideas/technology to assimilate.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-16-2011, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingbadger View Post
Hi All,
I just wanted to say that I love this game, but the Borg are not really that scary!

I suppose the reason they are not, the reason that we kill cubes and spheres and what feels like legions of drones ... is they don't seem to adapt any more....

I'm just wondering if any work is being done to put the "fear" back into BORG ? Rather than the "borg" we have today...
we of the borg are not here to frighten, we are here to assimilate and make the universe a better place through assimilation!
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-21-2011, 05:40 PM
Borg definitely should be scary, and honestly I think that defeating them shouldn't be all about firepower either, maybe even adding a mechanic where, with bigger cubes, if your ship is considered "Harmless" (Like if your a shuttle or newby ship) you would just be ignored because your not worth assimulating. Which you could exploit to saboutage it in some sort of boarding mission. (Maybe requiring a fleet outside to pin it down/ distract it)
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-21-2011, 06:20 PM
That's exactly what we need!

Every race in this game dies to pew pew. Give us an enemy that we just have to try to survive or escape. We should need mini games and a combination of powers to take out a cube. Not this straight forward point and shoot business.