Lt. Commander
# 1 Question about the C-Store
05-21-2011, 07:52 PM
I recently came back to STO i quiet befor the C-store was even online. My question is this while i have no issue with a subscription game haveing an online store even though it does seem a bit odd.. Why is it that cryptics online store is more expensive then any MMO game i've ever had to buy things from even F2P games have cheaper stores and there games rely on the profits from said store. 25$ for the dreadnaught cruiser is an insault as far as i'm concerned. Is cryptic really saying the one ship is worth 50% of there game cuz i paid 50$ for the hole game. So is this one ship really that great if so thats kinda sad...... For 25$ i could buy 3 copies of STO right now the prices are insane, for now i'll just deal with the free content thank you.. O wait its not free i pay a subscription hmmm.....

I love what cryptic has done with the game i never felt the need to post befor but this just bugs me more everyday i play. The store has great stuff but its not worth the kind of money Cryptic is asking.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-21-2011, 07:55 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterArmaEnimSilentLeges View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>
Curse people for expressing their dissatisfaction at what they perceive to be unfair and mercenary pricing policies!
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Just asking a question be nice if you could just give me an answer rather than your sarcasim.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-21-2011, 08:00 PM
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-21-2011, 08:05 PM
STO is hardly the only subscription MMO with a store on the side. World of ******** is what sticks out in my mind...$25 sparkle ponies and $10 pets, plus a whole buttload of additional for-profit services such as character transfers, renames, mobile auction house, and such.

As far as a MMO cash shops go, Cryptic has done a fairly good job of not making items mandatory for success. Most of the items are vanity items that have no actual impact on gameplay, and the ones that do have an impact on gameplay can largely be earned through in-game means.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-21-2011, 08:07 PM
Quote:
While that doesn't fully answer my question. Thanks for the effort anyways i think i'll just send an e-mail to cryptic asking, I doubt the community would know much about there priceing policies anyways.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-21-2011, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritium4ever View Post
STO is hardly the only subscription MMO with a store on the side. World of ******** is what sticks out in my mind...$25 sparkle ponies and $10 pets, plus a whole buttload of additional for-profit services such as character transfers, renames, mobile auction house, and such.

As far as a MMO cash shops go, Cryptic has done a fairly good job of not making items mandatory for success. Most of the items are vanity items that have no actual impact on gameplay, and the ones that do have an impact on gameplay can largely be earned through in-game means.
I agree that most of it can be obtained by other means which i loved. What annoyed me is that the most expensive stuff is not only over priced but there no other way to obtain it. Unless of course i'm missing something if so someone do tell. And i'm kinda behind the times as far as MMOs i hated WoW and quiet after 2 months never went back so idk how much is normal but if those are WoWs prices i still think there over priced. In my opinion WoW should hardly be the standard the game bored me to death...
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-21-2011, 08:12 PM
The Galaxy X dreadnaught is on the C-Store because it was originally a prize for getting 5 people subscribed from the Referral Program. I Myself bought the ship the day I turned Rear Admiral Lower Half 1 and I do not regret it at all.

The ship has a Assault Cruiser Boff Setup
Along with Cloak. 4 fore, 4 aft weapons and the Phaser Lance. That right there is awesome and shows it should be worth the 25 USD.

I'm Currently working on getting 5 people to subscribe, So far I'm doin pretty good. Just need the people I got to try the Demo to actually get the game.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-21-2011, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
The Galaxy X dreadnaught is on the C-Store because it was originally a prize for getting 5 people subscribed from the Referral Program. I Myself bought the ship the day I turned Rear Admiral Lower Half 1 and I do not regret it at all.

The ship has a Assault Cruiser Boff Setup
Along with Cloak. 4 fore, 4 aft weapons and the Phaser Lance. That right there is awesome and shows it should be worth the 25 USD.

I'm Currently working on getting 5 people to subscribe, So far I'm doin pretty good. Just need the people I got to try the Demo to actually get the game.
If i could think of 5 people i would do it but the 2 i could get to play already bought the game when i did so... no bonus there... i just remembered you can get the dreadnaught useing emblems can't you? If so i just put my foot in my own mouth.