Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy > Player Guides
Login

Lt. Commander
# 61
05-22-2011, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaNine
Mustrum, would you mind me posting this information on our fleet website?

Of course you get full credit for writing it.
I have no issue with it. If Cryptic's information material is not enough, then we players have to do share our knowledge and findings.

I am tempted to see mean and snarky things while saying this, though. I am a bad person.

Mustrum "I PvPed and I liked it" Ridcully
Lt. Commander
# 62
05-22-2011, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I
I am tempted to see mean and snarky things while saying this, though. I am a bad person.
Sorry, Fresh out of Mean and Snarky here....

Hope that doesn't make you feel too bad.
Lt. Commander
# 63
05-28-2011, 03:48 AM
Got the Career-Specific Powers (Space) thread done.

-Big Red
Lt. Commander
# 64
06-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Did an analysis of Accuracy Vs. Defense here, and, hopefully, it helps to clear up some confusion.

-Big Red

Still on vacation until June 12th, but was thinking about this, and couldn't help myself.
Lt. Commander
# 65
06-07-2011, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedJedi
Did an analysis of Accuracy Vs. Defense here, and, hopefully, it helps to clear up some confusion.

-Big Red

Still on vacation until June 12th, but was thinking about this, and couldn't help myself.
I've updated the first post with a link to your post.
Lt. Commander
# 66
06-09-2011, 11:25 PM
Hey, Mustrum, my friend, just wanted to say Thank You for the vote of confidence (and for Sticky) in the new Character Build forum!

I was thinking, maybe we could get Wishstone to do that with the Accuracy Vs. Defense one, as well... Although, I'm thinking that one should probably stay in the Academy... What do you think? (I also will be suggesting that this one get Stickied in here).

-Big Red
Lt. Commander
# 67
06-09-2011, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedJedi
Hey, Mustrum, my friend, just wanted to say Thank You for the vote of confidence (and for Sticky) in the new Character Build forum!

I was thinking, maybe we could get Wishstone to do that with the Accuracy Vs. Defense one, as well... Although, I'm thinking that one should probably stay in the Academy... What do you think? (I also will be suggesting that this one get Stickied in here).

-Big Red
Yes, I thought about your thread and my thread as well. Wishstone mentioned that the Academy is a little full with stickies, which isn't wrong. More would kinda clutter the forum.

I kinda appreciate the change of the "Combat" Feedback section turning into "PvE Gameplay", mirroring "PVP Gameplay", but some gameplay mechanics are universal and don't seem to fit in either. The Accuracy vs Defense could fit into t hat.

Well, she'll figure something out.
Lt. Commander
# 68
06-09-2011, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Yes, I thought about your thread and my thread as well. Wishstone mentioned that the Academy is a little full with stickies, which isn't wrong. More would kinda clutter the forum.

I kinda appreciate the change of the "Combat" Feedback section turning into "PvE Gameplay", mirroring "PVP Gameplay", but some gameplay mechanics are universal and don't seem to fit in either. The Accuracy vs Defense could fit into t hat.

Well, she'll figure something out.
Well, your thread already got a vote. I do like what Wishstone (and whomever else is tweaking the Forum layout) is doing, and I think that once it is all finished, things will be a lot easier to find... It's the transitions that can be tricky.

In any case, keep up the great work, my friend,
-Big Red

Yes, I'm still on vacation! :p LMAO
Lt. Commander
# 69
06-29-2011, 10:42 AM
I've updated the information on armor consoles and resistances a little. The actual formula for those are also more complicated. I didn't feel like writing it out, though*, and instead simply refer to the podcast with the Excel sheet describing the math. Blame Deshal for it. :p Thanks, Deshal, actually. This thread must be kept up-to-date and accurate to deserve its stickiness.

I am running into space problems with that post already, and describing and explaining the formula would probably take too many words. The essential element of the "actual" formula is that it also includes the 75 % resistance cap. The mathematical effect, as Deshal learned through his testing, shows that it can lead to a few percent off the mark.
Lt. Commander
# 70
07-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Not sure where, when or how to get this into the OP, but this might be of interest for everyone wondering about the rarity modifiers to DMG that Season 4 introduced: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...84&postcount=5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGeko
Here is how it works. There are a lot of diminishing returns at that level. You will see more on an impact with weapons that do more damage. You will also see a higher impact at lower levels because at higher levels, all your bonuses start to diminish.

This is how it works. All values are approximate, and I apologize if I get any of the basic math wrong. Its 10am and I am hopped up on cold medicine fighting off bronchitis.

Here is part of the basic formula: BaseDamage X (1+ sum of all DamBonus)
Let's say you have a weapon that does, say 25 damage (I'm making this value up, but its probably similar to the turret in question).
Itís a mark 11, so it has a natural DamBonus 1.05
You are probably in a tier 5 ship that grants a DamBonus of 1
You probably have skills that grant a DamBonus of around 1
Each Damage enhancement has a DamBonus 0.1
Each non-damage enhancement now grants a .025 DamBonus (note, Damage enhancements did not get this extra damage bonus)

SoÖ

In the old system, his green weapon, with one Acc enhancement would yield:
25 X (1+3.05) =
25 X (4.05) =

In the new system, that same green weapon, with one enhancement would gain an additional .025 DamBonus and would yield:
25 X (1+3.075) =
25 X (4.075) =

In the old system, his purple weapon with two Dam enhancement and one Acc enhancement would do:
25 X (1+3.25) =
25 X (4.25) =

In the new system, that same purple weapon, with two Dam enhancement and one Acc enhancement would gain one additional .025 DamBonus and would yield:
25 X (1+3.275) =
25 X (4.275) =

At low level, let's say Lt Grade 2, you would notice more of an impact. Let's compare a Mark 1 weapons.

Same turret would have the same base damage: 25
Itís a mark 1, so it has a natural DamBonus 0
You are probably in a tier 1 ship that grants a DamBonus of 0
You probably have no skills that grant a DamBonus , so this value is also 0
Again, each Damage enhancement has a DamBonus 0.1
Again, each non-damage enhancement now grants a .025 DamBonus (note, Damage enhancements did not get this extra damage bonus)

Now a White Mark 1 with no enhancements would yield:
25 X (1+0) =
25 X (1) =

Now a Green Mark 1 with 1 Acc enhancements would yield:
25 X (1+0.025) =
25 X (1.025) =

Now a Green Mark 1 with 1 Dam enhancements would yield:
25 X (1+0.1) =
25 X (1.1) =

And a Purple Mark 1 with 3 ACC enhancements would yield:
25 X (1+.075) =
25 X (1.075) =

A Purple Mark 1 with 2 Damage enhancements and one Acc enhancement would yield:
25 X (1+.225) =
25 X (1.225) =

A Purple Mark 1 with 3 Damage enhancements would yield:
25 X (1+.3) =
25 X (1.3) =

Thatís a lot of math. I hope I got it all right. In any event, it should give you a general idea of what's going on.