Lt. Commander
# 1 Starfleet Academy
05-17-2011, 06:23 AM
To whom it may concern,
I appreciate the opportunity to speak with you today. I have been playing STO for approximately 5 months and i enjoy this game tremendously. I would however wish to convey a desire. I would love to have the ability to visit Starfleet Academy in San Francisco. The Klingons can beam to their planet I believe it would be fantastic if we had a second option of a place to go in the sol system, Earth Spacedock or Starfleet Academy campus. Just thought I would attempt to post a thread (my first time). Take care and I love this game.
Sincerely,
Tonesoap
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-17-2011, 06:52 AM
To be clear, Klinks beaming down to their home world is the equivalent of Feds entering ESD. So Klinks don't have anything more than Feds in this respect. That being said, I do believe that there is a thread somewhere around here in which they claim to be working on just what you've asked. I believe that they are also looking to make the planets of Sol System places we can fly to and visit as well.

Welcome to the forums!
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-17-2011, 07:02 AM
Its coming soon my friend, there is an image of the work in progress somewhere in these forums. I hope that when they release it they need to make sure that there is a reason to go there, just like there is a reason to go to memory alpha. How about they move the skills trainer and respec guys to the academy and perhaps have the academy as a place to get unique training for bridge officers.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-19-2011, 05:01 PM
Yeah it would be cool if you could actually beam down to Earth. I know the game is based in space, but come on, its nice to go home... or at least to starfleet HQ now and again. why cant we fight breen in the streets of San Francisco or something?
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-22-2011, 10:55 AM
If you check out the latest Engineering Report you will see that it is in the works. :-)