Lt. Commander
# 1 Less combat missions
05-14-2011, 04:44 PM
I love the game but when you watch the TV shows you don't see many episodes that end in combat. i would love too see more mission that involve big missions with multiple endings based on decisions you've made or puzzles solve ect.

Does anyone know if this is coming or if not how to suggest this as a major gameplay element in the future?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-17-2011, 06:53 AM
I'm with you there, though I can also see some issues with the programming for all of the missions. Certainly a few more missions where we can think our way thorough and have more story elements would be great in the long view, but short term, we may be limited to what's already available and what's being developed in the Foundry.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-18-2011, 04:08 PM
Once I get the Foundry all squared off, I was thinking of creating just story missions...some would have combat and others would be puzzle like games. Because Star Trek is more than just blowing stuff up, you know.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-19-2011, 03:13 PM
I also think that there should be loads of thinking based rpg style levels, based on the ship.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-19-2011, 11:32 PM
The devs have been working on adding more non-combat content but it is slow in coming. One mission in each of the feature episodes tends to be non-combat. There are also the diplomacy missions which are all non-combat (at least the ones you get directly from the ambassader). I just wish they would remove the combat group generator from run and scan missions. Many players desperatly need the dxp to level up in diplomacy but the higher level exploration areas always seem to toss in combat squads in missions that would ordinarily net you dxp.

But dont expect more coming soon. Between adding more klingon content (which is 100% combat oriented) and rehashing the tutorials you will have to be content with the rare feature episode mission that comes out for us non-combat fans.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-20-2011, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Barbossa
I also think that there should be loads of thinking based rpg style levels, based on the ship.
What you're suggesting would almost be a better fit for a single player RPG like Neverwinter Nights or SW:KOTOR. I'd love to see a game like that personally.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-22-2011, 01:28 PM
I think the UI would need a lot of work to make a "puzzle" based adventure actually work well; I like story driven adventures and I love reading my way through them, its one of the reasons I dont do much "Fleet" work so I can enjoy the story. And I would love to see the UI able to accomodate more than it does today to facilitate a more immersive story telling puzzle content