Lt. Commander
# 1 Appear/Disappear
05-23-2011, 12:59 AM
I've been trying to make a hallucination event for the player. I have a bunch of spiders I have appear as they do a mission, but I haven't figured out how to make them disappear afterwards. Is there a way to do this?

I realize that this question has probably been asked before but I haven't been able to find answers to those questions.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-23-2011, 02:26 AM
Nope, there is no way to make NPCs disappear yet.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-23-2011, 02:50 AM
Maybe have them fight the spiders (reskin some targs or something), and then that way you can get rid of them. After the fight have some text where someone asks what's going on. Have the player say something about "didn't you see the spiders", and have the other person reply that they haven't seen anything but the player standing there. Something along those lines.

Alternatively you can place the spiders inside the wall. Hide the walls for the hallucination (have a second set of walls slightly further back. Then show another pair of walls hiding the spiders. You could even try to make the room all distorted as part of the hallucination to make it not so obvious that you're just doing it to show and hide the spiders.