Lt. Commander
# 11
05-16-2011, 12:00 PM
I script out all of my dialog in FreeMind, which helps organizing it tremendously!

Unfortunately, it doesn't do much in the way of grammar/spell check. I had to go through each dialog over and over, and I still didn't catch everything. Just glad that people like Boglejam have the patience to go through it all and point out our mistakes.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-17-2011, 12:14 PM
I write up my scripts in Word and then copy and past over into the Foundry, I try and even use the same layout as it is in the Foundry.

Though it would be nice if I could share it with my friends/fleet before publishing it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-17-2011, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeLegate View Post
I write up my scripts in Word and then copy and past over into the Foundry, I try and even use the same layout as it is in the Foundry.

Though it would be nice if I could share it with my friends/fleet before publishing it.
Share the word doc with them before you copy and paste it over into the foundry?
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-17-2011, 05:28 PM
The best way I have found to catch errors in grammer is to simply read what you have written outloud. It's amazing how grammer errors can become more apparent that way! As I have completed missions in the foundry, I have been letting them rest a day or two before I proofread. I think if you're less familiar with what you wrote proofreading becomes easier as mistakes become more glaring.

These types of details can really affect how I rate a mission as it shows a lack of attention to detail. If you want to have as professional a presentation as possible then you must check and recheck.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-18-2011, 02:50 PM
I've had an error or two that slipped past my tired eyes, but I scour my dialogue before I publish. Thing is, I've tried to use Word and Copy/Paste, but it doesn't seem to work for me. Is there something special I'm missing? It would help me tremendously to run it all through a spell check.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-23-2011, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
You can't check mob wandering and stuff until publish, but you can certainly correct grammar and spelling issues.

I score down a mission heavily if I have to reread the same text two or three times to figure out what the H the author is trying to tell me. Lots of 2 or 3 star efforts would have been 3 or 4 star efforts with a little more editing/polishing.
The point was, perhaps you're getting "unfinished" missions that the person is testing for playability, rather than "finished" and polished missions in which the spelling has been checked etc. The next version may well have more polish to it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-23-2011, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimGamma View Post
The point was, perhaps you're getting "unfinished" missions that the person is testing for playability, rather than "finished" and polished missions in which the spelling has been checked etc. The next version may well have more polish to it.
Nope, that isn't the case with the missions I am playing. I'm only playing foundry missions that I am asked to review by the authors themselves.