Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 91
05-23-2011, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokikami View Post
the connie, oberth and the nx are not an will never be on the same lvl as the other worthy max tier ships and its just ardent stupidity or belligerently ignorant fanboyism that could allow one to think a connie could be viable at max tier.
But Yet the excelsior, has more tactical/offensive abilities with it's commander tactical slot, one could argue, than the galaxy and sovereign classes and is a max tier ship.
And there are those that ALSO think that:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokikami View Post
its just ardent stupidity or belligerently ignorant fanboyism .
that could allow one to think an Excelsior would EVER be able to hold it's own against those classes.
But there are those that argue the upgrades and improvement points, till they're blue on that equally seemingly absurd issue. And the game made extra revenue bringing the Excelsior in as a max tier ship.

There is no logical reason that the Excalibur, can't be a tier 5 ship. It's in the game, NO EXTRA DEVELOPMENT TIME NEEDED, It's a completely modern design and has more mass than the defiant class, ( to hold all of that nifty modern technology in).
This is where I believe there should be a compromise. And why not TRY to compromise on this issue to keep some paying players/customers happy?
It just MIGHT retain some players and might also even bring in some easy, EXTRA revenue to the game.

You want to know what,
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokikami View Post
ardent stupidity
is?
A company, In these tough economic times, that refuses to take someone's money, when they are begging, waving dollars in their faces to give it to them.
ESPECIALLY, when this said company, could sure as shootin, use the extra revenue...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 92
05-23-2011, 05:28 PM
I would also like to see the Constitution Refit make it into the game. Whether it's a Tier 2 or Tier 3 doesn't matter. It just needs to be added and I would gladly pay for it if it came with the matching bridge, ship interior, and all of the rank insignias for the TWoK uniforms.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 93
05-23-2011, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VengefulDjinn
But Yet the excelsior, has more tactical/offensive abilities with it's commander tactical slot, one could argue, than the galaxy and sovereign classes and is a max tier ship.
And there are those that ALSO think that: that could allow one to think an Excelsior would EVER be able to hold it's own against those classes.
But there are those that argue the upgrades and improvement points, till they're blue on that equally seemingly absurd issue. And the game made extra revenue bringing the Excelsior in as a max tier ship.

There is no logical reason that the Excalibur, can't be a tier 5 ship. It's in the game, NO EXTRA DEVELOPMENT TIME NEEDED, It's a completely modern design and has more mass than the defiant class, ( to hold all of that nifty modern technology in).
This is where I believe there should be a compromise. And why not TRY to compromise on this issue to keep some paying players/customers happy?
It just MIGHT retain some players and might also even bring in some easy, EXTRA revenue to the game.

You want to know what, is?
A company, In these tough economic times, that refuses to take someone's money, when they are begging, waving dollars in their faces to give it to them.
ESPECIALLY, when this said company, could sure as shootin, use the extra revenue...
very much agree
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 94
05-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Guys, I understand this topic is one you love. However: Currently we will not have a high-tier ship for any of the old vessels.

Since this is the current fact of things, I will close this thread down, as the answer was given by us a few times now in a number of threads.

^^^ is a quote from a recent tier 5 connie qq thread and here is the link http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=216469&page=4
so finally SHOT DOWN
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 95
05-23-2011, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
Guys, I understand this topic is one you love. However: Currently we will not have a high-tier ship for any of the old vessels.

Since this is the current fact of things, I will close this thread down, as the answer was given by us a few times now in a number of threads..
The quote says currently...not never. so right now they aren't doing it. Doesn't mean they won't do it in 4-6 months, or perhaps make upgradable ships with Season 5.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 96
05-23-2011, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
The quote says currently...not never. so right now they aren't doing it. Doesn't mean they won't do it in 4-6 months, or perhaps make upgradable ships with Season 5.
Saw this coming about a mile away. It means it's not even remotely anywhere near their sights and CBS has basically said don't want too. Besides the fact they plan out way more than 6 months in advanced It's not going to happen anywhere near S5..or even s6 if it ever happens at all.

Reading the Ask Cryptic: May 2011 and the posts that have been made many times gives it an obvious tone -

It's never going to happen.

Guess I've just been around too many development companies to know when a place says "probably not going to happen" they mean it's not happening in the nicest way possible *shrugs*

But of course, believe what you will, just don't be surprised if you never see it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 97
05-23-2011, 11:41 PM
I know this subject has been done to death quite a few times, and that this thread will probably get locked fairly soon... but I'll pop in my 2 cents too .

If they put a D7, Connie etc refit I would jump on them right away. As has been shown they have the Vulcan science ship at T5 which is OLDER than the TOS Connie... so the age argument is out of the window right there! Yes, it's a very touchy subject for some people shown with the Connie v Sov issue. I understand that it would get on some peoples nerves, but the fact remains this is science fiction... strict adherence to canon went out the window a long time ago.

Please Cryptic, I know CBS are in the way at the moment. Perhaps a "referendum" or sorts on the forums or in game for this issue. I should imagine if you can prove it profitable enough CBS may budge aside... it's all about money at the end of the day!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 98
05-23-2011, 11:51 PM
Oh and while we're on the subject, if we get a WOK Connie can we have the rapid fire phaers that we see? I did love those effects and would be sweet to see them in game... I know turrets are close but they're not quite there in some ways.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 99
05-24-2011, 12:17 AM
I would very much like to see a poll on the subject. Inject it into the game's launcher like they used to do. Lets see how many people would be for a T5 connie or upgradable ships. I'm very interested to know. Everyone I talk to likes the idea. Come on cryptic. You say you do what you do for the fans and players. Prove it. Do the research and If it comes back that the community doesn't want a T-5 connie, or don't want upgradable ships, I'll never ask for it again. And Player based polls where you can log out of your browser and vote multiple times don't count.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 100
05-24-2011, 02:22 AM
Guys, come on. Let it go.
I wanted T5 Constitutions as much as anyone (and still do), but they finally gave us an official answer and that answer is (regrettably) "no." We just have to live with it.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:17 PM.