Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 KDF, should they get content?
05-23-2011, 07:46 PM
I play both fed and KDF and know all to well the difference in the factions content level. The KDF constantly asks for new content, even gives an abundance of ideas and concepts so the material to implement is there. I am here as a Federation captain asking you my fellow captains if we could stand 4 or so months without new content so the KDF can get a quarter of the content, or even if that is the right thing to do. i am not talking high end missions or fluff i am talking about what we had at launch and even in beta.

should the KDF get the same amount of content that the feds had at launch, or should they be left as they are, an incomplete faction that is merely an afterthought?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
05-23-2011, 09:03 PM
I ask why make the distinction. Currently the plan is to crank out featured episodes that are available to both factions. why stop high end bi-faction content that makes everyone happy, in favor of less polished, at times weak content just for the sake of "catching up a faction". What's done is done. Feature episodes is good stuff for both factions. Why deviate from that? Klingons are still getting more content with the episodes. now if you had said put a stop to fed costumes and ships in favor or klingon costumes and ships..then by all means...go ahead. Feds have plenty of costumes and ships for the time being. I don't mind seeing a little lay off from that in favor of bring that portion of content up to par with feds. But not episodes or mission content. the current plan makes everyone happy and it is high quality.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
05-23-2011, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12guageshotgun
I play both fed and KDF and know all to well the difference in the factions content level. The KDF constantly asks for new content, even gives an abundance of ideas and concepts so the material to implement is there. I am here as a Federation captain asking you my fellow captains if we could stand 4 or so months without new content so the KDF can get a quarter of the content, or even if that is the right thing to do. i am not talking high end missions or fluff i am talking about what we had at launch and even in beta.

should the KDF get the same amount of content that the feds had at launch, or should they be left as they are, an incomplete faction that is merely an afterthought?
Well I agree the Klingons need more content, I don't think stopping all fed content is the way to go. Both sides pay and both should get content. I personally think it should be equal and Cyptic has been fairly good about it, with most missions coming out being available to both sides.

Also a lot of the Fed content during beta and season 1 lacked the same quality that more recent stuff Cryptic has released has. While it would be more I fear that it would have the same reception the brunt of story missions the fed have got.

Increasing the Klingon content over the fed content for a while though seems a bit better.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
05-23-2011, 09:24 PM
We've been singing the same tune the better part of a year now (Season 2 was released last July) that the Klingons need more content (missions, ship skins, uniforms, etc).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
05-24-2011, 12:26 AM
I heard recently on STOKed Al Rivera discuss touching up old assets, and how the Cardassians and Jem'Hadar would get more polish in the DS9 series, and later revamping the Borg.
http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/8...ing-stoked-82/ Around 23:30-ish

A lot of work has gone into adding playability to the KDF, through content (Featured Episodes, Foundry) ships, and some of the costume and ship options. But UFP still has twice as many playable races to choose from, and a ton more costumes and customization options for both captains and ships.

I'd like to see the KDF as a faction get a "re-master" of sorts, centered around a KDF-Exclusive Featured Episode. Maybe sometime after we see a Revamp to Qo'nos?
I really like the costume options made exclusive to the Nausicaans and Orions, and Can't wait to see more Gorn options! Next up, maybe add some exclusives for Letheans? But players would appreciate an update to the non-race exclusive costume options as well.

And the same goes for ships, the new ships are really out there but at the same time totally Klingon. I really appreciate the aesthetics and direction the team is taking ships in, I'd love to see what they come up with in the way of more Templates or bridges.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
05-24-2011, 03:55 AM
What the KDF is asking for is not much, and when you think about it a few months without C-Store fluff is not really much of a halt on federation production. give the KDF what they have been promised, that's not to much to ask for is it? Also i am not saying completely stop fed development what i am asking for is a temporary switch in priorities so the KDF can have what it needs to be a faction, which means the devs can turn their attention more fully to the federation instead of devoting the constant amount of resources into the KDF, spend a few months with most of your attention their, then when they have the basics the KDF will be satisfied. we dont want to be a huge diverse fluffy faction like the federation klingon life is spartan by nature.

simple things like giving 3 costume variants per class(like most of the fed ships) would go a long way to satisfying the KDF, 5 missions or so, right now we have 8(not counting FEs, those are not faction based) just some of those basic things.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
05-24-2011, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
I ask why make the distinction. Currently the plan is to crank out featured episodes that are available to both factions. why stop high end bi-faction content that makes everyone happy, in favor of less polished, at times weak content just for the sake of "catching up a faction". What's done is done. Feature episodes is good stuff for both factions. Why deviate from that? Klingons are still getting more content with the episodes. now if you had said put a stop to fed costumes and ships in favor or klingon costumes and ships..then by all means...go ahead. Feds have plenty of costumes and ships for the time being. I don't mind seeing a little lay off from that in favor of bring that portion of content up to par with feds. But not episodes or mission content. the current plan makes everyone happy and it is high quality.
Well....they always could center some of the Featured Episodes around KDF species,new missions for both factions to play and an opportunity for updating KDF content in one go.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
05-24-2011, 05:21 AM
The content I am asking for is not so much dealing with new KDF only missions. While that would be nice, we know that won't happen...why? because it wouldtake away from the Federation-only people' sense of the game.

All I am looking for is some KDF customization. Hair clips on all of the unifroms (darned dreads), We still have no rank identification for LTG, we finally got a vet reward for 500 days! (yay...go super hero cape). We have little to no customization to uniforms. We have no classic Trek uniforms as the Feds have, and believe me we like classic Trek as much as you...I mean I love the TOS movies and such (they give us fingerless gloves, introduce General Chang's wardrobe, the wardrobe of Kruge, and the pimp-looking Klink captain Klaa...notice the big hair of the 80's Klinks were still wearing...lol)

All I really want as do many people is some customization, our revamp of Qo'Nos (yes, we have the 1 social zone to ourselves all inside and to anybody unfamiliar to the KDF side it is difficult to find things on that side as a newbie, and those who go on vacation forget where things are easily...so we need a revamp), and possibly some ship customization to go with our clothing/hair customization.

Do those things and you will hear much, much less from KDF players. I do not want to sound as though we are complaining/whining...but I want Federation players to ask themselves one question...

When did the Klingons get anything C-Store or otherwise to improve their quality their quality of gaming or to improve their immersion into the RP aspect of the game? (remember that new ships are something that are available through the game to all LTG's...so that doesn't count)
When you answer that question...ask yourself one question... When was the last time Fed players got something to improve their quality of gaming or to improve their immersion into the RP aspect of the game? (Easier to answer this question right?)

I know for a fact a good number of KDF players would jump at the chance to buy some proper Klingon gear from the C-Store...we are talking proper gear from the shows and movies...

Remember KDF players are Fed players too....(I have 3 on each side....all max level, and all equipped at the max lvl too)

This is my 2 cents worth of opinion...you don't have to agree on it, but I'd rather you not trash my ideas or make flippant comments, so be polite as I shall try to be as well.... Thanks and have a nice day.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
05-24-2011, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
The content I am asking for is not so much dealing with new KDF only missions. While that would be nice, we know that won't happen...why? because it wouldtake away from the Federation-only people' sense of the game.

All I am looking for is some KDF customization. Hair clips on all of the unifroms (darned dreads), We still have no rank identification for LTG, we finally got a vet reward for 500 days! (yay...go super hero cape). We have little to no customization to uniforms. We have no classic Trek uniforms as the Feds have, and believe me we like classic Trek as much as you...I mean I love the TOS movies and such (they give us fingerless gloves, introduce General Chang's wardrobe, the wardrobe of Kruge, and the pimp-looking Klink captain Klaa...notice the big hair of the 80's Klinks were still wearing...lol)

All I really want as do many people is some customization, our revamp of Qo'Nos (yes, we have the 1 social zone to ourselves all inside and to anybody unfamiliar to the KDF side it is difficult to find things on that side as a newbie, and those who go on vacation forget where things are easily...so we need a revamp), and possibly some ship customization to go with our clothing/hair customization.

Do those things and you will hear much, much less from KDF players. I do not want to sound as though we are complaining/whining...but I want Federation players to ask themselves one question...

When did the Klingons get anything C-Store or otherwise to improve their quality their quality of gaming or to improve their immersion into the RP aspect of the game? (remember that new ships are something that are available through the game to all LTG's...so that doesn't count)
When you answer that question...ask yourself one question... When was the last time Fed players got something to improve their quality of gaming or to improve their immersion into the RP aspect of the game? (Easier to answer this question right?)

I know for a fact a good number of KDF players would jump at the chance to buy some proper Klingon gear from the C-Store...we are talking proper gear from the shows and movies...

Remember KDF players are Fed players too....(I have 3 on each side....all max level, and all equipped at the max lvl too)

This is my 2 cents worth of opinion...you don't have to agree on it, but I'd rather you not trash my ideas or make flippant comments, so be polite as I shall try to be as well.... Thanks and have a nice day.
This pretty much sums up everything I have to say on the subject.
If they want my money for the C-Store, repeat after me, "KDF."
See, that wasn't so hard was it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
05-24-2011, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
The content I am asking for is not so much dealing with new KDF only missions. While that would be nice, we know that won't happen...why? because it wouldtake away from the Federation-only people' sense of the game.

All I am looking for is some KDF customization. Hair clips on all of the unifroms (darned dreads), We still have no rank identification for LTG, we finally got a vet reward for 500 days! (yay...go super hero cape). We have little to no customization to uniforms. We have no classic Trek uniforms as the Feds have, and believe me we like classic Trek as much as you...I mean I love the TOS movies and such (they give us fingerless gloves, introduce General Chang's wardrobe, the wardrobe of Kruge, and the pimp-looking Klink captain Klaa...notice the big hair of the 80's Klinks were still wearing...lol)

All I really want as do many people is some customization, our revamp of Qo'Nos (yes, we have the 1 social zone to ourselves all inside and to anybody unfamiliar to the KDF side it is difficult to find things on that side as a newbie, and those who go on vacation forget where things are easily...so we need a revamp), and possibly some ship customization to go with our clothing/hair customization.

Do those things and you will hear much, much less from KDF players. I do not want to sound as though we are complaining/whining...but I want Federation players to ask themselves one question...

When did the Klingons get anything C-Store or otherwise to improve their quality their quality of gaming or to improve their immersion into the RP aspect of the game? (remember that new ships are something that are available through the game to all LTG's...so that doesn't count)
When you answer that question...ask yourself one question... When was the last time Fed players got something to improve their quality of gaming or to improve their immersion into the RP aspect of the game? (Easier to answer this question right?)

I know for a fact a good number of KDF players would jump at the chance to buy some proper Klingon gear from the C-Store...we are talking proper gear from the shows and movies...

Remember KDF players are Fed players too....(I have 3 on each side....all max level, and all equipped at the max lvl too)

This is my 2 cents worth of opinion...you don't have to agree on it, but I'd rather you not trash my ideas or make flippant comments, so be polite as I shall try to be as well.... Thanks and have a nice day.
That's fine by me. Keep features where they are in development. But move the C-store junk over to KDF for a little bit. I have no problem with that. I just don't want to see mission content put on hold for KDF exclusive missions. Features give missions to both factions. Keep it that way.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:30 AM.