Lt. Commander
I'm thinking it would be a great idea to be able to heal injuries to characters in our own sick bay on our ship. Not only would it give us something meaningful to do in the sick bay but it would also improove game play on "advanced" or higher settings. Removing the need for the long haul to a station to heal a critical injury in the middle of difficult ground mission. I think it makes sense from a plot stand point as well. In any of the movies/shows if someone was hurt on the ground getting "back to the ship" to receive medical attention was a priumary plot motivator. I thinking that from a programming stand point it might make sense to just take a profile for a MD on a station and drop it into the sick bay map on our ship, same interaction rules and everything. Any way thanks for reading my idea, I thought it might have merit. Let me know what you think
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Yes, that is a swell mention...it would ease the excessive travel to ESC, to take care of the more critical injuries that occur on nasty missions.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-23-2011, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camious
I'm thinking it would be a great idea to be able to heal injuries to characters in our own sick bay on our ship. Not only would it give us something meaningful to do in the sick bay but it would also improove game play on "advanced" or higher settings. Removing the need for the long haul to a station to heal a critical injury in the middle of difficult ground mission. I think it makes sense from a plot stand point as well. In any of the movies/shows if someone was hurt on the ground getting "back to the ship" to receive medical attention was a priumary plot motivator. I thinking that from a programming stand point it might make sense to just take a profile for a MD on a station and drop it into the sick bay map on our ship, same interaction rules and everything. Any way thanks for reading my idea, I thought it might have merit. Let me know what you think
Yes this would be good, maybe it comes with the new CMO posting
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-23-2011, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camious
Wow...just what I realized the other day, I asked why can't we heal in our own sickbay? Come on Devs let us do it please
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-23-2011, 08:12 AM
IIRC this is one component of interior functionality that we will get someday. I get the impression that the tech for the Duty Officer system needs to be completed before we get functioning interiors.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-23-2011, 09:39 PM
But you can already heal BO injuries on your interiors. Beam into your ship interior, travel to sick bay. Open up your inventory, select one of the regenerator items that heals...and use it. works like a charm..and you did it in your sick bay!!!
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-24-2011, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
But you can already heal BO injuries on your interiors. Beam into your ship interior, travel to sick bay. Open up your inventory, select one of the regenerator items that heals...and use it. works like a charm..and you did it in your sick bay!!!
Smartallick.............. now lets try and get it done the other way!!!
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-24-2011, 05:40 AM
Great Idea, another to add to the list of good ideas for our ship interiors. It is a shame that our fancy bridges and interiors are really only used for mission replay. I would also like to see ship injuries healed in engineering.

From an immersion perspective I would still prefer to go to a starbase for critical injuries, which reminds me there needs to be more hub locations within sector blocks.

Edited because a word contained a swear word in the spelling
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-24-2011, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo.trident View Post
From an immersion perspective I would still prefer to go to a starbase for critical injuries, which reminds me there needs to be more hub locations within sector blocks.
I think they are solving that with Captain Brott and the Azure II
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-10-2011, 02:33 PM
/signed

I also think we should be able to repair our ship damage in the Engineering section. This would give us something to do on our ships of value (save us a trip to a Space Station for healing components) and really tie-in with what we see ALL THE TIME in the show....I really hope this idea is in front of the devs.

If they still want Critical injuries/damage to require a trip to Space Dock, I think that's fine. We've seen the Enterprise limp into ESD a few times, so that works too....