Lt. Commander
Hey everyone! I finished the script for the first episode of my planned STO machinima show, Star Trek: Durandal. With that part done, I now need voice actors! The basic requirements are:
  • Able to record high-quality sound (minimum CD quality, preferably studio quality).
  • Able to coordinate multiple recording sessions for subsequent episodes.
  • Can deliver a quality performance.

Here's a list of the parts I'm running auditions for:
  • Captain Allerka - main part - Human, male, middle-aged, a confident leader, generally very stoic but with an edge of humor. A mix of Kirk and Sisko, with a dash of Picard.
  • Commander Wekalla - main part - Human, female, first officer, early 30's, very strong and generally stern. Sometimes confrontational with Allerka.
  • Lieutenant Commander Elliott - main part - Human, male, late 30's, often serious but sometimes jovial. Elliott is also British (so the actor needs to have a good accent).
  • Lieutenant D'vesh - main part - Orion, female, early 20's, generally friendly demeanor. Somewhat irritable at times due to constant headaches and stalkers.
  • Admiral Quinn - supporting role - Admiral Quinn from STO. Trill, male, elderly.
  • Security Guard 1 and 2 - minor roles - Two security guards, 20's, can be male or female.
  • Unnamed Ensign - minor role - 20's, male, an ensign stalking D'vesh.

So, if you're interested in auditioning, send me an e-mail with the subject "Star Trek: Durandal audition" with a recording of your audition attached. For the audition, please feel free to recite your favorite piece of dialogue from any other Star Trek product that you feel is close to the part you're auditioning for. In the recording, start it with "My name is [name], I am auditioning for the part of [part], and this is [the scene you're reciting]." Please try to make your recorded dialogue at least 45-60 seconds long.

Any questions, feel free to ask! Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-21-2011, 10:54 AM
I have done voice acting before and voicing Wekalla might be fun.. but I'm reluctant to act in any production where the main character is named after the writer's RP character.

I think you should voice your character yourself, as you probably understand him best.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-21-2011, 01:26 PM
That was my initial intention, but I figured I'd do a casting call for all the parts I don't have locked in yet anyway, just to make sure it gets the best treatment possible. Also partly because I'm not quite middle-aged, and I don't have any decent voice-editing software for myself. :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-21-2011, 02:21 PM
While not my best performance perhaps this will show some ability to out-act Jonathan Frakes?

http://playground.yoostar.com/detail.action?id=63230

Or not...
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-23-2011, 05:36 AM
Thank you for showing me what you've got! I'll keep you in mind.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-24-2011, 01:27 PM
The parts of Elliott and D'vesh have been filled! Still looking for applicants for the other roles!