Lt. Commander
# 21
05-25-2011, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyyank View Post
Jordan? Are you kidding me? An American franchise in Jordan? What idiot came up with this? Why not put it here in America, where Star Trek got started in the first place? This is absolutely ridiculous! Is this the kind of thing that passes for smart decisions now?
Hmm... perhaps because the main idea behind STAR TREK was that Mankind can surpass genetically and psychologically enforced Nationalism and work together as a species?
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-25-2011, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTiyshen
Moving this to Ten Forward.
Evil kitty. First you taunt me with the awesome purple name now this? :p
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-25-2011, 11:42 AM
Having been to the region myself (pre-9/11 though) I have to mostly agree with Lilravegirl. The people I met were warm and friendly, even though the media (especially Sean Hannity whom I listen to most days) portrays them all as Islamist extremists. Over the years I have met many Muslims, from many countries. Other than the ones that were shooting at us I can honestly say I only ever met one that truly made me think of him as an extremist.

On the other hand I do have to question placing the resort in Jordan. While their society is more closely resembling Western society than any other Arab nation, I could more easily picture something like this in say, Dubai. No matter where it is, my travel options these days are severely limited, and I won't be able to see it.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-25-2011, 02:18 PM
I was interested until they stated it was inspired by J.J. 's 2009 travesty. That rubbish isn't the Trek I like. lrg is right also. Jordon is a lovely place.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-25-2011, 02:35 PM
The Kings Father was a fine person.. well educated in the British tradition. IT's a shame that the IP has to be structure with these inconvenient LIC layers . A Trek fan for any period of time knows Trek existed before JJ.

BethSoft didn't have any trouble getting permission to work with the 5 Historic Trek Captains for Legacy
Interplay had Access to SFB and TOS ships authorized by LIC.. .

If a product cant survive as a spin off and resorts to pushing the past away to get all the attention its a marketing mistake. There is room for everything.. EVerything that brings a better more rounded experience to the consumer that buys your stock and LIC product based off an IP.

What did Starfleet battles do ? Well, they even had Larry Niven's Kzinti . Now if its pre planning or Better then Memory alpha or google research.. for those not alive for TOS first runs. .there is a whole world out there.. Like Franz Josephs lic approved STarFLeet Technical Manual and the map of the Federation Romulan and Klingon Gorn Tholian areas.. printed ballantine by a division for materials the Original LIC holders.

Wheres Denobia on the Star MAp of the Milky Way.. Where is Shermans Planet and Wolf 359 Really on the chart.. Well its proeety had based on creative wirtters lic in Trek the ALT Generation of research.

That not what Trek Fan and Kign of Jordan wants for the money.