Lt. Commander
# 111
05-24-2011, 09:03 AM
You have a point...I think the problem would be the incessant complaints of people who would say that the ship is too old, too small or whatever to be considered a T5 ship.

This is why I was saying we could increase the size, add some modern pieces onto the ship, like a new deflector, change up the nacelles a bit, the pylons could be changed as well. We could have them elongate the saucer, and this would create a new ship based off of an earlier design...We could call it a Reconstructed Constitution or something like it. Have a fleet or a person use data resources to craft portions of it.... Have them use energy credits to purchase other portions, and construct it in a SB (this would be assuming we could do this in our upcoming SB). When it's done, the ship appears in your ship inventory, and it would be business as usual.
I see no problem with this..it violates no IP that I know of, and it would give people who want the refit or a refit something in-game, since this would be an optional undertaking, those who do not like the idea do not have to participate in it. Have this Reconstructed Constitution use MOST of the elements of a T5 ship, some sort of VA powerup or ability but with the skin of a reconstructed constitution...It looks reminiscient of a T1-T2 ship, but is actually a 25th century ship constructed using parts of an older ship and new construction...

What do ye think?
Lt. Commander
# 112
05-24-2011, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
You have a point...I think the problem would be the incessant complaints of people who would say that the ship is too old, too small or whatever to be considered a T5 ship.

This is why I was saying we could increase the size, add some modern pieces onto the ship, like a new deflector, change up the nacelles a bit, the pylons could be changed as well. We could have them elongate the saucer, and this would create a new ship based off of an earlier design...We could call it a Reconstructed Constitution or something like it. Have a fleet or a person use data resources to craft portions of it.... Have them use energy credits to purchase other portions, and construct it in a SB (this would be assuming we could do this in our upcoming SB). When it's done, the ship appears in your ship inventory, and it would be business as usual.
I see no problem with this..it violates no IP that I know of, and it would give people who want the refit or a refit something in-game, since this would be an optional undertaking, those who do not like the idea do not have to participate in it. Have this Reconstructed Constitution use MOST of the elements of a T5 ship, some sort of VA powerup or ability but with the skin of a reconstructed constitution...It looks reminiscient of a T1-T2 ship, but is actually a 25th century ship constructed using parts of an older ship and new construction...

What do ye think?
So maybe a T5 Excaliber.

The problem with all the hemming and hawing is CBS still needs to approve all ship designs and I am sure they will smack down anything that circumvents their mandate of no T-5 constitution. As of right now it is pipe dream and I hope it stays that way. I took issue with the Excelsior at T-5, I took issue with the Vulcan monstrosity. There are bigger fish to fry in this game before they should worry about novelty ships.
Lt. Commander
# 113
05-24-2011, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
So maybe a T5 Excaliber.

The problem with all the hemming and hawing is CBS still needs to approve all ship designs and I am sure they will smack down anything that circumvents their mandate of no T-5 constitution. As of right now it is pipe dream and I hope it stays that way. I took issue with the Excelsior at T-5, I took issue with the Vulcan monstrosity. There are bigger fish to fry in this game before they should worry about novelty ships.
Well kinda like an Excaliber but I'd say increase the ship's size, so yes and no...the ship would have a new skin derived from the TOS Connie or T2 cruiser (1701-A) and would be a bit larger..... Allowing for the notion of holding more crew, capable of faster warp travel, bigger warp core which means more power, and allows for better weapons and such....

Good idea?
Lt. Commander
# 114
05-24-2011, 10:20 AM
Except I don't want such a ship. I want "my" ship, or none at all.
I suspect that many in this and the (many many) related threads would agree. Otherwise, they wouldn't still be going on about it after being told, in almost as many words, "not going to happen."
Lt. Commander
# 115
05-25-2011, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
Which is ironic that they would use realism in this place but consider making the attack horta and orbital strike more realistic aka instakill abilities then they freak out about it.
Lt. Commander
# 116
05-25-2011, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
So maybe a T5 Excaliber.

I have to agree neither the D'Kyr (I like the ship far too much to call it a monstrosity) nor the Excelsior should be T-5 vessels. Each, even with constant refits, would not be anywhere near that spectrum of power. It should also be said that a Constitution class, even a refit, should probably be in a museum or in rare cases used as a T-1 training vessel. They are generous to put it as high up the tier ladder as it is. All that, of course, is just my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 117
05-25-2011, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokikami View Post
Guys, I understand this topic is one you love. However: Currently we will not have a high-tier ship for any of the old vessels.

Since this is the current fact of things, I will close this thread down, as the answer was given by us a few times now in a number of threads.

^^^ is a quote from a recent tier 5 connie qq thread and here is the link http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=216469&page=4
so finally SHOT DOWN
How was your vacation?
Lt. Commander
# 118
05-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_Mudd
Guys, come on. Let it go.
I wanted T5 Constitutions as much as anyone (and still do), but they finally gave us an official answer and that answer is (regrettably) "no." We just have to live with it.

never! To quote the man--

" He tasks me! He tasks me, and I shall have him!. I'll chase him round the Moons of Nibia, and round the Antares Maelstrom, and round perdition's flames before I give him up" --Khan Noonien Singh
Lt. Commander
# 119
05-25-2011, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_Mudd
All of this has been suggested/proposed before.
Cryptic and/or CBS said no.
We're done.
And again, they said "Probably not"...
Lt. Commander
# 120
05-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Quote:
yes - Another thread for this..why? because the logic so far against it doesnt fit.
Please do not post duplicate threads. It's spam and does not help the forums or your cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Dr. Leonard McCoy
let me assist. For those who post but wont read -- Point of the topic = T5 refit for endgame. We dont care about T2
This matter has been addressed in our last Ask Cryptic.
Quote:
Q: dorko1 I know that the refit is still a touchy subject, but could you guys shed any light on what might happen? I understand that there should be obvious misgivings about the idea of the Constitution class outmatching a vessel 200 yrs new and twice its size, but a replica that's really more of an Excalibur class vessel might be able to add something to the mix.

A: You are correct that it is a touchy subject amongst the community and based on the discussions we've had with CBS about ships, I don't think we're going to put a high-end Constitution Class refit into the game. You can still have a lower tier TOS Connie use the Squad Leader feature to bring their stats up to a higher level, but the odds of an end game Connie refit is a long shot.
Since we did give an answer on this, I will close this thread as it is a duplicate.
Closed Thread