Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Targeting Issue
05-24-2011, 09:53 PM
This I recoginced 2 days ago for the first time.

Well the thing is I use 2 sniper rifles.
I mostely let my BOFFs focus fire one target and expose it and when that happens and my primary sniper rifle is on itīs sniper shot (2nd attack) cooldown I switch to my 2nd rifle to get the sniper shot off.

So now when I switch the NPC I targeted before gets "deleted" and I have to manually click on that certain NPC again to fire off my sniper shot. Often when there are many NPC running around this is not as easy and the expose time has often vanished.

As I said this I saw first 2 days ago. Dont think I ever had these issues before. Can anybody confirm this.
Didint fil a bug report yet.

Thx!
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-25-2011, 03:35 AM
I have been seeing that for the year I have been playing, and IMO, it would not be a bug. It is simply that as we take our eyes off the target to get the other weapon, the target is Lost to View for a second, and we have to Re-Acquire it.

I won't go so far as to say it is not a bug, but my suspicion is that it is not.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-25-2011, 05:33 AM
Hmm This is disturbing me big time and I think I didnt have to re-select the target before.
If it has always been like that it wouldnīt bother me that much.
I honestly think I always had the target locked when I was switching weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-25-2011, 02:14 PM
I did a couple of Ground Missions today, and paid attention to this question while doing the mission.

I did observe exactly what you were saying above, that the Present Target is Lost upon Weapons change, and that works into what I stated, that during weapons changes, you are actually taking your eye off the target, and must then re-acquire it.

Again, IMHO, the game is working as intended here. Sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-25-2011, 11:18 PM
Thank you for taking time to test things out m8.
If itīs now like that i can adapt sure np
I just want to know - and Iīm 99% sure that it was not like that some days ago - why they made this change.
Is it a preparation for new ground combat system?
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-26-2011, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1restarter
Is it a preparation for new ground combat system?
You could always jump on Tribble Server to get a heads up on what might be coming down the Pike.