Lt. Commander
# 11
05-21-2011, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihnako View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>
good, glad you covered that ...
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-21-2011, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermbot View Post
I think what you mean to say is "I don't like this idea and it would not significantly improve my own personal game experience."
No - I straight said what I meand. This idea is garbage and the day it would be implemented you'll see the blue faction crying cause they accidentaly hit the damn "surrender" button in the heat of battle.

By the way - theres something similar allready implemented - abandon ship.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-21-2011, 11:27 AM
Quote:
No its not similar abandon ship is a delibreately offensive (though last ditch) power to try and damage your opponent...

I kind of figured you meant what you said ...
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-22-2011, 11:28 AM
Quote:
No - I straight said what I meand. This idea is garbage and the day it would be implemented you'll see the blue faction crying cause they accidentaly hit the damn "surrender" button in the heat of battle.

Ah, given your misunderstanding I can see how you'd think it was a bad idea. I'll explain, the suggestion was not to have a 'surrender' button, but a 'demand surrender' button. It would be done as an attack so all accidentally hitting the button would do is cause you to miss and possibly be laughed at.

I am confused by one point, if you believed the suggestion was to allow your own ship to surrender, how would this be a PVE only addition?
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-22-2011, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermbot View Post
Add extra rewards for doing it, on the Klingon side you can 'plunder' the surrendered ships for a guaranteed loot drop and for the Federation side you can, I dunno, get a pat on the head, maybe 'requisition' or 'confiscate' a guaranteed loot drop?
This^^
Maybe you could in PvE just take the whole ship home and either refit it and use it (I hope) or sell it to some Ferengi NPC who deals in starships.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-25-2011, 05:00 AM
Well another thing I asked for since beta.

Serieously, conting that every ship has up to 1000 crewmembers we are already mass murders, all of us. This never seemed right for me, especially not for a Star Trek game.
Seriuosly, how many MILLION Breen already died? Is there any population left on their homeworld?

I'd love to see a new mechanic that includes diffrent outcomes for every fight.
Not only surrendering, retracting and deaktivating should be possible too. The ships exploding should be the expection, may be by kills with critical hits.
May be it could even include special outcomes for diffrent enemys, like getting out with cloak for Klingon and Romulan NPCs.
Well the Borg should "regulary" explode, but thats it.
And it would make it much more intresting if the "results" were diffrent, may be EVERY actually DESTROYED ship gives a drop, every ship that surrenders gives 1 or 2 DXP, and other rewards for other results.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-27-2011, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREYSHABA View Post
Hi guys just asking if it was possible to make the enemys of the Federation when your fighting them in space to quite...they know you have them beat so they just give up. You don't have to blow them up every time.give a drop.an warp out..an/or given the option to blow them up... If there dead in space an can't move there dead in space...would love the option...thanks very much for your time......GREYSHABA...OUT.
I like that idea, much more trekkish than just blowing everyone up.
/Signed

Maybe this could be done with some kind of Minigame, the higher your diplomatic rank is the easier it gets to make them surrender.

Live long and prosper.