Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-27-2011, 05:37 PM
They will most likely do it again in the future
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-27-2011, 06:00 PM
Itīs just a shuttle pet. It does nothing but fly around behind you and vanishes in combat. Itīs not the Holy Grail.

I have all the ships in the c-store, apart from the fighter and the retrofits. But i have at least two other useless and barely noticable shuttle pets.

You might not get it now, but iīm sure they will do a similar thing again (at the rate the sales and promotions pop up recently, probably soon).
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-27-2011, 06:35 PM
I promise that no one sat in their chair and said "Let's see how we can annoy someone today" while stroking a white cat.

And we will look at making goodies available randomly in the future, too. The Shuttle pet is not going to be presented as a "Last possible chance" option this weekend, but I honestly do not know when it will be coming back and in what form.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-27-2011, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
I promise that no one sat in their chair and said "Let's see how we can annoy someone today" while stroking a white cat.

And we will look at making goodies available randomly in the future, too. The Shuttle pet is not going to be presented as a "Last possible chance" option this weekend, but I honestly do not know when it will be coming back and in what form.
That's right! The cat was BLACK! :p
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-27-2011, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Clango View Post
Well who knows. Maybe Cryptic will make another way to get it for you
Possibly but I will stiff feel shafted if I have to pay for it. It just feels kind of a like they are thumbing their noses at people who have bought ships...
Especially since they just had a ship sale where a lot of people bought a lot of ships. I myself bought 8 and the two fighters last week.

And now someone who waited just bit longer gets the new shuttle and for free?

Feels a bit like a slap in the face.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-27-2011, 06:54 PM
Wishstone, I appreciate your response, however I think I was misunderstood. I wasn't implying that someone sat in a chair with a cat (insert color of choice, I myself prefer tortoiseshell cats ) deciding how to annoy people. I was just wondering if anyone on your end considered that some players have purchased everything in the c-store and would be unable to get the offer for the holiday weekend. It's a bummer is all, and I would like to also mention that if there were something else I could purchase to get the pet I would, even though technically shouldn't have to since I have bought everything except services...its not about getting something for nothing with me

Also, I realize that it is just a pet that flys around behind me, and if you see me in game, in sector space, you will see a Class F, Danube Runabout, Delta Flyer, and Perigrine Fighter on my six. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I am a Star Trek collector, and STO is an extension of that. With that said, yes I do like the pets and all the other goodies via the c-store. Also, since I live in the great lakes area, there are no Del Taco's, never had an opportunity to get one back at launch otherwise I would have.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-27-2011, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone

I'm not saying you did, but the fact that NO one saw that this might be an issue with people who have been loyally buying your stuff right away...

And I would really love if you could answer the following:

Doesn't this just promote the "never EVER buy something from the Cstore until its on sale or there is some kind of promotion" frame of mind?
Or is that what you guys want us to do wait?

Because if that's so I will definitely be waiting before I buy anything else for the Cstore.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-27-2011, 07:05 PM
You know, considering all of the people who keep getting "slapped in the face" with each and every single sale, offer or bonus that Cryptic puts out I'm absolutely flabbergasted that they continue to do these things. I mean, they have been abusing us by benefiting people who aren't us since Beta (remember that whole Fileplanet fiasco...? Travesty that!).

I mean, obviously we must all hate these sales, and the abuse they cause, considering the fact that each and every one is met by complaints (the same complaints too, and the same claims of slaps to the face) so isn't past time that Cryptic stopped with these shenanigans?

You know what we need from now on? Anti-sale weekends! Ones where every item in the C-Store costs an extra 50% or more! That way we call all be incredibly happy that we didn't have to pay that extra amount when we bought our stuff and rejoice at how great such the offer is and how much better it makes us feel about ourselves, our purchases and Cryptic as a whole!

And everything will then be sunshine and roses!

Make it so Cryptic... make it so!

Lt. Commander
# 19
05-27-2011, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
You know, considering all of the people who keep getting "slapped in the face" with each and every single sale, offer or bonus that Cryptic puts out I'm absolutely flabbergasted that they continue to do these things. I mean, they have been abusing us by benefiting people who aren't us since Beta (remember that whole Fileplanet fiasco...? Travesty that!).

I mean, obviously we must all hate these sales, and the abuse they cause, considering the fact that each and every one is met by complaints (the same complaints too, and the same claims of slaps to the face) so isn't past time that Cryptic stopped with these shenanigans?

You know what we need from now on? Anti-sale weekends! Ones where every item in the C-Store costs an extra 50% or more! That way we call all be incredibly happy that we didn't have to pay that extra amount when we bought our stuff and rejoice at how great such the offer is and how much better it makes us feel about ourselves, our purchases and Cryptic as a whole!

You can check, I have never made one post about the cstore until today, so please don't include me in your banter, please read all of my comments so you have a complete understanding. Also, I rarely get in on the sales because I usually get the items on the launch day, and I never complain if it goes on sale afterwards, that is the nature of business. As I said before, I am just wondering how to be able to get it when one has already bought all ships and if it was even considered that there would be people who have already purchased everything and be unable to make a qualiflying purchase to get the pet.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-27-2011, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post

And then people will start complaining why they had to pay LESS than anyone else.