Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Har単engh torpedo question
05-27-2011, 12:38 PM
Will the KDF get a comparable item to compete with the Har単engh torpedo?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
05-27-2011, 10:50 PM
I find it odd that we didn't get em first, seeing as how the KDF invented them and all...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
05-27-2011, 11:02 PM
I must admit, the "remastery" (ie: how it should have been in the first place) of the Doomsday Device was very cool...It would be awesome to see the Klingons have some of these cool "Fed-Only" missions...who knows, it might even intice some of the dedicated Klingons who left the game early on to come back...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
05-28-2011, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBFLordKrueg View Post
I must admit, the "remastery" (ie: how it should have been in the first place) of the Doomsday Device was very cool...It would be awesome to see the Klingons have some of these cool "Fed-Only" missions...who knows, it might even intice some of the dedicated Klingons who left the game early on to come back...

I heartily agree with you. When I came back earlier this month, I came back to foundry missions, featured episodes, crafting; and even though PvE isn't my preferred playstyle and the content wasn't kdf exclusive, I felt blessed nonetheless. With the promise of changes to ground combat a few months away, I really thought things were looking up for the kdf.

Idk what CS's intents where with remastering the mission the way they did, wether they thought it would increase interest in the kdf or not.. Whether they thought about the kdf at all when developing it. But i don't believe giving one faction exclusive content that allows them access to costume and ship options as well as rewards that most believe should have been kdf exclusive items, is a wise course of action. I think it has alienated a lot of kdf-as-main players.

I for one feel alienated. This move I really don't get. I think that when retired kdf players visit these forums interested in possibly coming back, and see this and the backlash it's causing, they might walk away feeling thatCS is still catering to the whims of the UFP while at the same time sacrificing what mAkes the kdf unique and gives it it's "draw". (remember FvF? it's still around. remember KvK? it's kinda...not)

It's clear to see from the past 6 months that adding UFP exclusive items,more pve, and content such as this will not bolster kdf interest or playerbase ( if that was CS's intentions). As i said,I did return to more content,but less kdf players. This is disheartening.

You're not going to see an increase in the kdf population by bringing more Feds to the kdf,especially when your releasing content like this, I have said many times the only way to achieve this goal is to win back retired kdf players,and until more attention is given to pvp and kdf exclusives (like costume and ship custom
Ization and options, missions like the remastered one ) it's simply, sadly, not going to happen.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
05-28-2011, 01:56 AM
Hopefully the Harghpeng's will be part of one of the new KDF missions that supposed to come out with Season 4.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
05-28-2011, 02:37 AM
Well the torp is mediocre at best....the radiation 33% proc only and cleared by everpresent HE...maybe good for PvE, but still (borg) modifier torpedos do more dmg in STF anyway..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
05-28-2011, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Hopefully the Harghpeng's will be part of one of the new KDF missions that supposed to come out with Season 4.
link please?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
05-28-2011, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haven View Post
I find it odd that we didn't get em first, seeing as how the KDF invented them and all...
It's really disappointing to play the new mission. It's an amazing Klingon mission. WITH KLINGON OPERA! OPERA YO! They made klingon opera!

FOR A FED MISSION.

I can't even begin to describe how ... disappointing the mission is to play. Because it's so good as a KDF mission and it's all Fed.

Sigh.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
05-28-2011, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bran_Mak_Morrn View Post
I heartily agree with you. When I came back earlier this month, I came back to foundry missions, featured episodes, crafting; and even though PvE isn't my preferred playstyle and the content wasn't kdf exclusive, I felt blessed nonetheless. With the promise of changes to ground combat a few months away, I really thought things were looking up for the kdf.

Idk what CS's intents where with remastering the mission the way they did, wether they thought it would increase interest in the kdf or not.. Whether they thought about the kdf at all when developing it. But i don't believe giving one faction exclusive content that allows them access to costume and ship options as well as rewards that most believe should have been kdf exclusive items, is a wise course of action. I think it has alienated a lot of kdf-as-main players.

I for one feel alienated. This move I really don't get. I think that when retired kdf players visit these forums interested in possibly coming back, and see this and the backlash it's causing, they might walk away feeling thatCS is still catering to the whims of the UFP while at the same time sacrificing what mAkes the kdf unique and gives it it's "draw". (remember FvF? it's still around. remember KvK? it's kinda...not)

It's clear to see from the past 6 months that adding UFP exclusive items,more pve, and content such as this will not bolster kdf interest or playerbase ( if that was CS's intentions). As i said,I did return to more content,but less kdf players. This is disheartening.

You're not going to see an increase in the kdf population by bringing more Feds to the kdf,especially when your releasing content like this, I have said many times the only way to achieve this goal is to win back retired kdf players,and until more attention is given to pvp and kdf exclusives (like costume and ship custom
Ization and options, missions like the remastered one ) it's simply, sadly, not going to happen.
Yup I agree with you, it was a good mish but it felt like a slap in the face to the KDF, as a KDF main player I got irritated by the whole thing. It really should have been a red mission. Maybe one day they'll figure out that more stuff on the KDF side will lead to more money for them, instead of the current outlook of "there arent as many KDF players so we aren't going to make much content for that side".
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
05-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Hopefully the Harghpeng's will be part of one of the new KDF missions that supposed to come out with Season 4.
If not, then maybe Cryptic will make it so it can be Crafted or bought from Vendor (for credits or Exploration Badges) that are Bind on Pickup in all ranks.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:46 PM.