Lt. Commander
# 21
05-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Just tested it myself, and got the same result.

*facepalm*

A pretty glaring oversight, but this should at least be a lot easier to fix than FAW.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Now i remember one of the reasons i cancelled my sub yesterday........Cryptic seem to be in this for a last ditch money grab before....... hayho.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-28-2011, 03:01 PM
So, Cryptic broke something again, and I can't join in on the fun unless I play fed?

-sad panda- indeed.

And now I might feel the effect of that hull cryptic decided to take off of the Vorcha for no apparent reason
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
Clearing the radiation DoT does not prevent the final detonation.
It same with ET VM relation. Last time when I played, ET should remove VM but instead ET just removed the "DOT" part but not the "PROC" part.

Lt. Commander
# 25
05-28-2011, 03:53 PM
I still vote to put certain penalties, either longer cooldowns, or a damage penalty in PvP only, leaving everything normal in PvE. I enjoy both aspects of the game, but I do get tired of OP or UP skills making PvP players call nerf and having the skills "fixed" for both PvE and PvP. The best way to balance the game is leave everything in PvE as is, and add PvP penalties and whatnot to the PvP specific instances only.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-28-2011, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNova View Post
I enjoy both aspects of the game, but I do get tired of OP or UP skills making PvP players call nerf and having the skills "fixed" for both PvE and PvP.
[Usual "even the death star wouldn't be called op in pve" answer.]

The fix for hargh'pengs is easy and doesn't affect pve at all: Just have Hazard Emitters clear the radiation AND prevent the final detonation.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
So lets make bets, which fleet will abuse it first ?
Well so far I know TSI hit me with it a couple or ten times in match
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-28-2011, 04:01 PM
I'm not sure why you'd need separate balances for both.

I can do Deep Space Encounters while doing school worksheets or reading a book.

I can do an explore mission using nothing but one hand, Heck, I can do an explore mission afk except for moving my character to the next mob.

As a matter of fact http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/y...g?t=1306623652
screw your reinforcements, I have pewpew
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNova View Post
I still vote to put certain penalties, either longer cooldowns, or a damage penalty in PvP only, leaving everything normal in PvE. I enjoy both aspects of the game, but I do get tired of OP or UP skills making PvP players call nerf and having the skills "fixed" for both PvE and PvP. The best way to balance the game is leave everything in PvE as is, and add PvP penalties and whatnot to the PvP specific instances only.
Are you really trying to imply that pvp somehow unbalances pve? And pve also will still need tweeks and balancing even if pvp did not exist in this game its an MMO that means ther will be buffs and nerfs as content comes out and as things change/evolve over time.

PS. PVE in this game is spamming space bar and they havent nerfed your spacebar yet.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
I suppose if the ground revamp is only half as balanced as this new item, we will all have great fun once season 4 hits.
Its a known fact that they don't seem to care to much for pvp, otherwise they'd form focus groups of experienced hardcore pvp'ers to give feedback to new items before adding em.

Most of the time when they added something to ground it was horrible for pvp... like the proton-gun, the perfect one shot weapon in pvp, before the nerf.. or the ice nades, with their previously stacking hold perfect to hold someone forever. I don't even think its an oversight anymore, its rather that whoever designs that stuff has either totally no clue about pvp at all or doesn't care for the issues it will cause until some large enough amount of people cries about it.

Also we just need to look how often we get new pvp maps.. or how long otha is bugged now (VA toons go into the RA instance while klings have a separate LG instance with better rewards but no pvp due to the bug) or how much emblem rewards there are for pve objectives compared to pvp ones.. its obvious enough how much they [not] care for pvp.