Lt. Commander
# 31
05-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Thanks but the special phaser dual cannon that you get from the Romulan mission, forces you to skill up in phasers if you want to get the most of it?
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-20-2011, 05:42 PM
Cool
/10char
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-23-2011, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelmor_Branon
I disagree. Any player of STO & CO is more then willing to support Cryptic in any way they can. However, because of the recent news, players are going to be hesitant with how much more money they'd be willing to "invest" in this game & rightly so. You said it yourself: "The money MAY go to Atari" ... that possbility alone does not encourage me & others to go buy up more Atari Tokens. And needless to say, players thinking about purchasing a Lifetime subscription is out of the question until we all get an official, more detailed response to what's going on.

Why should anyone even consider giving more money to Atari? If it can be confirmed that the microtransactions were actually supporting Cryptic, then I personally would have purchased more tokens by now. This is the mindset MANY players have now. This isn't a reflection on Cryptic, as they have done the very best they can considering their situation, & quite honestly have turned STO into a good game based on a long standing franchise with a huge fanbase. It's, in essence, letting us (the customers) execise our rights & demostrating the complete lack of satisfaction we all have with Atari.

Simply, like I tried to explain above, I no money comes in soon there will not be any "Cryptic", STO or CO left to invest it. I personally would risk Atari getting money if it, even slightly, increases the chance of survival of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 34 New Bridges
05-23-2011, 08:44 AM
I have had this game for several months now, and I have bought all the Bridge sets so far. I'm wondering if more will come out. I would love to see the Enterprise bridge from star trek 6, as well as the excelsior bridge, what would be really cool is if the bridge from the new star trek movie was created for this game. I love this game!
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-24-2011, 05:00 PM
Playing around with these things it totally wasnt worth the money, especially if i have to buy them separately when the delta flyer gave at least a basic shuttle for the klingon side.

thanks for Screwing us again C-store. and looking at the new calander, it won't be the last time.
Lt. Commander
# 36 Problem with To'Duj
05-26-2011, 04:58 AM
I purchased this to play around with and noticed that when I removed the fighter from the device slot it would not let me put it back. It keeps telling me I don't meet the level requirements even though I'm a LG.
Lt. Commander
# 37
05-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Guys, refusing to buy C-store stuff because of the current situation doesn't make sense if you understand how corporate finance works.

Right now Cryptic is part of Atari. There is no separation. All money goes to Atari. That is how it will stay until Cryptic is sold. Atari allocates budgetary funds to its various divisions and subsidiaries, but we have no way of knowing how strictly that allocation is tied to revenue.

Now, in theory Atari could "starve" Cryptic by slashing its budget, and reallocating funds elsewhere. This would be phenominally stupid, though, because it risks depressing the value of Cryptic (and therefore the sale price).

So if you want something in the C-store, buy it. If you don't, don't. The current state of affairs with Cryptic and Atari should not affect your decision.