Lt. Commander
# 31
05-28-2011, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNova View Post
I still vote to put certain penalties, either longer cooldowns, or a damage penalty in PvP only, leaving everything normal in PvE. I enjoy both aspects of the game, but I do get tired of OP or UP skills making PvP players call nerf and having the skills "fixed" for both PvE and PvP. The best way to balance the game is leave everything in PvE as is, and add PvP penalties and whatnot to the PvP specific instances only.
You did notice that the item in question is avalible to only one faction? For that reason alone it is a poorly thought out idea.
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNova View Post
I still vote to put certain penalties, either longer cooldowns, or a damage penalty in PvP only, leaving everything normal in PvE. I enjoy both aspects of the game, but I do get tired of OP or UP skills making PvP players call nerf and having the skills "fixed" for both PvE and PvP. The best way to balance the game is leave everything in PvE as is, and add PvP penalties and whatnot to the PvP specific instances only.
Since there are no NPCs that use Hazard Emitters and could steal the final explosion from the new torp, i see know reason why this bug should not be fixed. It can't harm PvE at all. Unless you sometimes mange to cast hazard emitter on hostile NPCs. (If you do so, bug it.)
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-28-2011, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiy
Its a known fact that they don't seem to care to much for pvp, otherwise they'd form focus groups of experienced hardcore pvp'ers to give feedback to new items before adding em.

Most of the time when they added something to ground it was horrible for pvp... like the proton-gun, the perfect one shot weapon in pvp, before the nerf.. or the ice nades, with their previously stacking hold perfect to hold someone forever. I don't even think its an oversight anymore, its rather that whoever designs that stuff has either totally no clue about pvp at all or doesn't care for the issues it will cause until some large enough amount of people cries about it.

Also we just need to look how often we get new pvp maps.. or how long otha is bugged now (VA toons go into the RA instance while klings have a separate LG instance with better rewards but no pvp due to the bug) or how much emblem rewards there are for pve objectives compared to pvp ones.. its obvious enough how much they [not] care for pvp.
Yeah thats really pathetic especially considering there is almost no pve content ever in this game and if they intend to skip over pvp, and not even test items before they go live and let people with no idea what they are doing design and implement items what is really left here??

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-28-2011, 04:29 PM
My bop's new bumper sticker: "dont harpeng me bro"
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-28-2011, 06:23 PM
The Harg'peng torpedo has some issues, one being that you cannot remove the final detenation, but that is not as bad as some other 'features' of the torpedo. Has anyone noticed what happens if you have 4 friendies within 3km of a ship ready to proc final detenation?
Lt. Commander
# 36
05-28-2011, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Its a known fact that they don't seem to care to much for pvp, otherwise they'd form focus groups of experienced hardcore pvp'ers to give feedback to new items before adding em.

Also we just need to look how often we get new pvp maps.. or how long otha is bugged now (VA toons go into the RA instance while klings have a separate LG instance with better rewards but no pvp due to the bug) or how much emblem rewards there are for pve objectives compared to pvp ones.. its obvious enough how much they [not] care for pvp.
CHC officially claimed Otha for the KDF August 5, 2010. It's not a bug, the map is working as intended.
http://s797.photobucket.com/albums/y...ran_Mak_Morrn/

I agree, it's really lame how all the op or really cool ground pvp items come from pve missions-Ophidian Staff, Cryo Grenades, etc. They follow suit for space.

The same way they're letting Feds get a slice of what should be KDF Exclusive pie (getting to play a mission in a BoP, playing a mission in our pimp coats, giving them our torpedos), they're letting gear that has abilities more suited to a single class be available to all classes.

Another example is ground weapons that have a chance for Holds; holds are an ability assosciated with the Science class and are seen as an annoyance to most but when that ability is available to all classes (by being an ability gifted by a weapon or other equipment) we see overuse as well as balance issues that stem from pairing it with Tac-exclusive Class abilities.

Besides the Gear (and i still think there should be a clearer seperation of PVE gear from PVP gear, and how one obtains each) and maps, (and i still say LET US PVP ON PLAYER SHIP BRIDGES), my next biggest issue with pvp is the lack of incentive CS gives players to pvp. The emblems system is so stacked against pvp dailies, they're practically forcing pvp'ers to pve for a geargrind.
Lt. Commander
# 37
05-28-2011, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
So lets make bets, which fleet will abuse it first ?
Oh surprise surprise it's FS.
Lt. Commander
# 38
05-29-2011, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bran_Mak_Morrn View Post
CHC officially claimed Otha for the KDF August 5, 2010. It's not a bug, the map is working as intended.
Im not sure why you have to point out again that you claimed a zone were your opponents can't even enter, i thought that was already hilarious enough the first time.

The bug I described is that fed players can't get into the LG instance at all, its like this since they added the levels actually.

Instance kling BG & fed RA + VA
Instance kling LG - no feds

Just took a screeny to confirm that the bug is still around here :
http://i55.tinypic.com/2rm8aac.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bran_Mak_Morrn View Post
I agree, it's really lame how all the op or really cool ground pvp items come from pve missions-Ophidian Staff, Cryo Grenades, etc. They follow suit for space.
While i agree with you that PvP needs rewards again that make people play it, it doesn't bother me that much where those items came from. The issue is rather that they don't seem to think about PvP consequences while adding those shiny new things.. the proton gun was a one-shot killer before it got a balancing patch, the cryo nades were a stackable hold before they got a patch.. same pattern can be seen in space with the tractor mines and now the harg'peng torpedos.
Lt. Commander
# 39
05-29-2011, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxcraig View Post
Oh surprise surprise it's FS.
Never heard of that bunch ? whats the whole name ?
Lt. Commander
# 40
05-29-2011, 02:02 AM
Quote:

Most of the time when they added something to ground it was horrible for pvp... like the proton-gun, the perfect one shot weapon in pvp, before the nerf.. or the ice nades, with their previously stacking hold perfect to hold someone forever. I don't even think its an oversight anymore, its rather that whoever designs that stuff has either totally no clue about pvp at all or doesn't care for the issues it will cause until some large enough amount of people cries about it.
I defintely don't think there is someone twirling his mustache and petting is cat while he's creating broken and bugged elements. I really think it can only be thinking not far enough ahead.

Quote:
So that's what that is.