Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 91 Not a good idea
05-30-2011, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
Let me explain, with a simple analogy between a tactical weapons user and a sci skill spammer to reveal how the discrepancy invalidates certain options for one path creating a dewfinitive imbalance....
Your Problem right there, the only people playing sto as intended are Tac/Escort pilots. Try a eng/sci ship combo and see how much you kill stuff and finish objectives with those aux based powers. STO, has too much focus on burst damage as it is, by removing resists and heals, while leaving weapons as is will only make things worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
This effects (and hurts) Scis a horribly disproportionate amount more than anyone else. ... Scis would then be subject to 2 power drains (Weapons and Aux) whereas others would only really be bothered by Weapons - and Scis are already hugely power hungry.
This, actually it would hurt sci ships most. I'd say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I am not sure how this is fair. Do weapons have 45+ seconds before they can fire again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
please take the time to fully comprhend the situation.. thanks
Use your torpedoes if you are bothered by energy drain on weapons, or mines. But try to do anything in STO without your Energy Weapons, and full AUX power awesomness.... Good luck
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 92
05-30-2011, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam
Use your torpedoes if you are bothered by energy drain on weapons, or mines. But try to do anything in STO without your Energy Weapons, and full AUX power awesomness.... Good luck
Sure.

5 man sci team in sci ships with CBP3, Tachyon Beam 3, dual torps front and rear and 2x HYT

...Crap, now some fleet is going to make that monstrosity :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 93
05-30-2011, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Sure.

5 man sci team in sci ships with CBP3, Tachyon Beam 3, dual torps front and rear and 2x HYT

...Crap, now some fleet is going to make that monstrosity :p
That sounds like my nebula....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 94 was bored anyway
05-30-2011, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post
Sure.

5 man sci team in sci ships with CBP3, Tachyon Beam 3, dual torps front and rear and 2x HYT

...Crap, now some fleet is going to make that monstrosity :p
hmm i might give that a try right now, I was getting bored with my old build anyway ..
lemme know if we can find 5 man to try it out (can't join on tribble though)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 95
05-31-2011, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam
Your Problem right there, the only people playing sto as intended are Tac/Escort pilots. Try a eng/sci ship combo and see how much you kill stuff and finish objectives with those aux based powers. STO, has too much focus on burst damage as it is, by removing resists and heals, while leaving weapons as is will only make things worse.



This, actually it would hurt sci ships most. I'd say.




Use your torpedoes if you are bothered by energy drain on weapons, or mines. But try to do anything in STO without your Energy Weapons, and full AUX power awesomness.... Good luck
There's heavy emphasis on burst damage because healing and cross healing is so strong in this game it is almost the only way to kill competent opponents. The other option is to have a high concentration of science officers on a team.

Yes this impacts Sci ships the most as many of thier powers rely on aux power... so what? Isn't that that kinda the point?

And reference your last point, a sci heavy team can completely dominate in PvP and it has nothing to do with energy weapons... just ask FS.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:46 PM.