Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Simply put, we need an option to fight Premades or not.

Lately, people are giving up as soon as they see a Premade team (mainly if they are all in the same Fleet), and leave the match. And from the Feedback thread in the discussion forum, people quit PvPing mainly because of this. So we need to have an option if we want to fight a premade team or not.

This could be done by adding a Casual PvP Queue and a Hardcore PvP Queue, a queue window to see who we are fighting a head of time so we can leave before the match officially starts, or perhaps some other way.

Either case, people are just tired of losing. Especially if they are spending money to do it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-31-2011, 12:36 PM
one key thing everyone whos sayin g there needs to be a way to seperate the premades from the non is.... the premades could just que up in the non as well.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-31-2011, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Simply put, we need an option to fight Premades or not.

Lately, people are giving up as soon as they see a Premade team (mainly if they are all in the same Fleet), and leave the match. And from the Feedback thread in the discussion forum, people quit PvPing mainly because of this. So we need to have an option if we want to fight a premade team or not.

This could be done by adding a Casual PvP Queue and a Hardcore PvP Queue, a queue window to see who we are fighting a head of time so we can leave before the match officially starts, or perhaps some other way.

Either case, people are just tired of losing. Especially if they are spending money to do it.

I know some people that quit for other reasons against certain premades, questionable builds that are suspect, another is really what is the point why waste 15 minutes or less of everyone's time if it is a pre-determined curb stomping, people "PAY" to have fun and if you have limited time you want maximize FUN so why waste time getting curb stomped.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-31-2011, 12:41 PM
If FvK was set up by Cryptic to be the real battlegrounds where feds and klings fight for space superiority and resources...

Player: "Admiral Quinn, this is Captain (bleh), reporting for duty in the front lines!"

Quinn: "Excellent, we need the USS (blah) to fight against these Klingons in violation of the Neutral Zone! Don't give them another inch!"

P: "Yes sir! But first, can I know the Klingon captains' names?"

Q: "Oh, why they're x, y, z from the house of w"

P: "Sorry Admiral, I'm not facing off against them. Next please."

Q: "..."
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-31-2011, 12:47 PM
There are not enough people queueing up lately to make this a viable option in my opinion.

Or, If the queues were made so that only pre-teamed groups face pre-teamed groups, those would rarely pop, whilst the pug queue would pop less often also.

If the matchmaking system were structured in such a way that 5 man fleet Vs 5 man fleet matches only popped for each other, that would drive away most premades due to lack of pops.

If you went to your PvP queue, and saw hundreds or thousands of people waiting for matches, then I would completely agree with this thread, but until that happens, I'd like to continue to play PvP matches please, premades have just as much right to enjoy their subscription monies worth also.

Contrary to popular belief, (and I'm sure QEW, LORE etc would agree with me), most premades are not perfectly balanced ships/captains/skill bases, they are five friends who teamed up to have fun, pug bashing is not much fun for either party, but until there are hundreds of people in the queues, for me, the point is moot.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-31-2011, 12:53 PM
I pugged it for over a year and was never discouraged to see a premade on the other side. I just always thought, "okay, time for some schooling." It was never in me to warp out... just can't bring myself to ever do it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-31-2011, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post

Theres no way to avoid losing when playing PvP, its actually part of the excitement in PvP.. PvE is so easy you can almost play it blindfolded or let your officers solo the missions.. in PvP you have a chance to meet someone better to get beat up... by getting beat up you watch what they do and learn from it to do it too.

If they beat you with teamplay then you just assemble a better team of your friendlist or fleetlist, it really is that easy. If you think teamplay is part of the issue maybe you should rather ask for a 1on1 queue.. but i bet the results will just be around the same as they are now.

Besides the people winning all the time spend money playing too, it would be highly unfair to have the opponents see who they are up against and give em a chance to selectively grief the good players by letting them rot in the queue.

It can't be the goal of a game to punish people for winning.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-31-2011, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiy
Theres no way to avoid losing when playing PvP, its actually part of the excitement in PvP.. PvE is so easy you can almost play it blindfolded or let your officers solo the missions.. in PvP you have a chance to meet someone better to get beat up... by getting beat up you watch what they do and learn from it to do it too.

If they beat you with teamplay then you just assemble a better team of your friendlist or fleetlist, it really is that easy. If you think teamplay is part of the issue maybe you should rather ask for a 1on1 queue.. but i bet the results will just be around the same as they are now.

Besides the people winning all the time spend money playing too, it would be highly unfair to have the opponents see who they are up against and give em a chance to selectively grief the good players by letting them rot in the queue.

It can't be the goal of a game to punish people for winning.
Problem with pvp in STO is that you are often beaten by your quiting team member, even before first torpedoes are launched...

Maybe hiding the name, ship name and fleet name in pvp is an option too...
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-31-2011, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintyuk
Contrary to popular belief, (and I'm sure QEW, LORE etc would agree with me), most premades are not perfectly balanced ships/captains/skill bases, they are five friends who teamed up to have fun, pug bashing is not much fun for either party, but until there are hundreds of people in the queues, for me, the point is moot.
near agreement. We quite enjoy it when a devious captain is among the enemy. /hai keg, hale, six, etc.....
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-31-2011, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
near agreement. We quite enjoy it when a devious captain is among the enemy. /hai keg, hale, six, etc.....
Point taken