Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-31-2011, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
one key thing everyone whos sayin g there needs to be a way to seperate the premades from the non is.... the premades could just que up in the non as well.
Okay, what if I simply say Casual PvP vs Hardcore PvP, would that make any difference?

Especially if it encouraged people to play PvP again, knowing they aren't going to get an immediate curbstomp? I seem to recall the idea of seperating Causal from Hardcore was a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
I know some people that quit for other reasons against certain premades, questionable builds that are suspect, another is really what is the point why waste 15 minutes or less of everyone's time if it is a pre-determined curb stomping, people "PAY" to have fun and if you have limited time you want maximize FUN so why waste time getting curb stomped.
And the other way around is true, "Why am I paying money for easy kills". Aside from the recent frustration over fighters, mines, FAW, and now the Hargh'Peng, people left out of sure bordom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiy
Theres no way to avoid losing when playing PvP, its actually part of the excitement in PvP.. PvE is so easy you can almost play it blindfolded or let your officers solo the missions.. in PvP you have a chance to meet someone better to get beat up... by getting beat up you watch what they do and learn from it to do it too.

If they beat you with teamplay then you just assemble a better team of your friendlist or fleetlist, it really is that easy. If you think teamplay is part of the issue maybe you should rather ask for a 1on1 queue.. but i bet the results will just be around the same as they are now.
True, there is no absolute. But if you saw TSI or another Premade Team, and you are in a PuG, the thing that runs across people's minds isn't, "I'm going to win!" but "/facepalm". Now if it's PuG vs PuG and you might recongnize a name or two on the other team, people will definitely think they have a chance.

And I won't argue that Space PvE is insanely easy, ground PvE, its just boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiy
Besides the people winning all the time spend money playing too, it would be highly unfair to have the opponents see who they are up against and give em a chance to selectively grief the good players by letting them rot in the queue.

It can't be the goal of a game to punish people for winning.
If there was a seperate queue doesnt automatically mean people are going to suddenly jump in the Casual queue. I think most here would still queue up for a Hardcore queue, even if it meant fighting against a PuG. It just would mean more people would return, thus increasing the population.

But you never know, the solution could be easy as adding Open PvP zones and Premades deciding they have that much needed challenge in there and leaving the Queues to those doing PvP dailies. Right?
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-31-2011, 01:36 PM
At each rank level, they should make people attempt 1 pvp match. Now, the numbers can diff from 4v4 or 5v5. Just allow them to get out there in teams of 2 and up and fight it out. Call it experience building and then promote them to the next level. This would show people what PvP is like. Maybe more people would come if they have experienced it aganist other people their same rank instead of just end game pvp. After my 5th toon, making the sixth in PvE is lagging in excitment. The only thing i get is how fast can I kill this npc or how many can i take on (5 or more) at once.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-31-2011, 01:38 PM
New Queue Proposal
There are no longer distinctions between FvK, FvF and KvK. If possible, the match generator should probably be weighted towards FvK.
Teams cannot queue in single player (or maybe "random teaming" queues, but everyone can queue in the team & single player match, teamed or unteamed. If possible, the match generator tries to get equally sized teams into matches against each other. Should player rankings ever come available, these could also influence the match-ups.
  • Space Arena Queue - Single Player
  • Space Arena Queue - Team and Single Player
  • Capture & Hold Arena Queue - Single Player
  • Capture & Hold Arena Queue - Team and Single Player
  • Ground Arene Queue - Single Player
  • Ground Arena Queue - Team and Single Player
  • Ground Assault Queue - Single Player
  • Ground Arene Queue - Team and Single Player

The important thing is: No one is forced to rn a 5 man Premade to qualify for the "team" queue, while the requirement for the "PuG" queue is that you are not teamed at all. That gives people the option to queue for both if they are without a team, but it also gives every player that wants to play with his friends a chance to play with them without requiring to have exactly 4 of his friends with him.
Lt. Commander
# 14 Same old song
05-31-2011, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
New Queue Proposal
There are no longer distinctions between FvK, FvF and KvK. If possible, the match generator should probably be weighted towards FvK.
I like the idea of single player pvp queues.

As for the FvK thing, why is everybody so obsessed with forcing people to play FvK? increase rewards for it -fine! But forcing ppl to do so is a giant pile of ....
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-31-2011, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Okay, what if I simply say Casual PvP vs Hardcore PvP, would that make any difference?

?
no it wouldnt, because its still a matter of the "harcore/premade/teams" then not getting pops because everyone goes tot he causal
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-31-2011, 02:23 PM
I also don't agree with the idea of forcing people to play FvK. Personally, I don't much care whether or not I play a Klingon or a Fed match, but a lot of Feds are intimidated by Klingons simply because they have cloaking devices.

I've had some -ok- times playing FvK, but I've had the most fun by far when I'm in FvF match playing some of the better PvP fleets. I love seeing 7th Core in a match because they're hard to beat, and it takes a really good team to beat them. I don't have a high level Klingon, so I don't know how the KvK queues are, but I imagine it's the same...LORE and QEW probably squeal for joy when they find themselves against each other.

Point being...FvK kinda sucks.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-31-2011, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluerockBeing04 View Post
I also don't agree with the idea of forcing people to play FvK. Personally, I don't much care whether or not I play a Klingon or a Fed match, but a lot of Feds are intimidated by Klingons simply because they have cloaking devices.

Yeah I have never really understood this. I was like that before I rolled a KDF but even now I can't even fathom it. My only guess is many feds expect to lose therefore do.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-31-2011, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
New Queue Proposal
Teams cannot queue in single player (or maybe "random teaming" queues, but everyone can queue in the team & single player match, teamed or unteamed. If possible, the match generator tries to get equally sized teams into matches against each other. Should player rankings ever come available, these could also influence the match-ups.
  • Space Arena Queue - Single Player
  • Space Arena Queue - Team and Single Player
  • Capture & Hold Arena Queue - Single Player
  • Capture & Hold Arena Queue - Team and Single Player
  • Ground Arena Queue - Single Player
  • Ground Arena Queue - Team and Single Player
  • Ground Assault Queue - Single Player
  • Ground Assault Queue - Team and Single Player

The important thing is: No one is forced to rn a 5 man Premade to qualify for the "team" queue, while the requirement for the "PuG" queue is that you are not teamed at all. That gives people the option to queue for both if they are without a team, but it also gives every player that wants to play with his friends a chance to play with them without requiring to have exactly 4 of his friends with him.
Seems to work. Especially when the Romulans are added, queues are going to be changed anyhow. Else it would be FvF, FvK, FvR, KvK, KvR, FvKvR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
no it wouldnt, because its still a matter of the "harcore/premade/teams" then not getting pops because everyone goes tot he causal
We got private queues now right? The only difference is that you wouldn't be doing it for dailies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluerockBeing04 View Post

I've had some -ok- times playing FvK, but I've had the most fun by far when I'm in FvF match playing some of the better PvP fleets. I love seeing 7th Core in a match because they're hard to beat, and it takes a really good team to beat them. I don't have a high level Klingon, so I don't know how the KvK queues are, but I imagine it's the same...LORE and QEW probably squeal for joy when they find themselves against each other.

Its not really just the cloaking devices, its more of Klingons quickly gaining the advantage with a unprepared team through focused burst damage by Raptors and Raptors, while being supported by Cruisers and Carriers. And that's whats behind the "Klingons are OP" stigma.

As for the KvK queues, they are the most empty of any PvP queue. It's very rare you see a KvK Space queue pop, and KvK ground probably hasn't been used since the first couple of months since launch.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-31-2011, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post

We got private queues now right? The only difference is that you wouldn't be doing it for dailies.
so im being punished for playing with friends? what if there are no other people around will to take a private que?
for a game thats about team work... it wait.... no i suppose this game isnt about team work.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-31-2011, 04:06 PM
Again, cant say this enough: get a team. This is a team game, not individual.