Lt. Commander
# 1 are klingons WIP?
06-01-2011, 05:20 PM
My wife and i are new and i figured we'd level up our fed toons and learn the ropes in order to make fresh klinks. I was very impressed with how the red faction starts out with a great ship and some good missions but once we hit LTC and finished all the storyline/episodes i found the klingons extremely "bare". I have almost no options to customize my raptor and the missions are boring and so few compared to the feds. we are going to switch back to fed since it's my feeling, only being in the game for a few weeks, that the klingon faction is still work in progress. Is this really the case or am i missing something?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Sadly, you're more or less correct.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-01-2011, 05:37 PM
In the begging the KDF was a level up by doing PVP thay have been adding to the PVE slowly nowThe Devs are talkining about reworking the KDF and adding more PVE content with sesion 4
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-01-2011, 05:48 PM
Just hold off on the lifetime membership for now.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-01-2011, 06:15 PM
You are correct, for the moment. Content may be slow, but we're assured that it's coming.

Also, you picked the WORST ship to try to customize (the Raptor), although your other KDF options aren't much more versatile.

KDF is still the faction I most affiliate myself with, though, and proudly.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-01-2011, 06:35 PM
You should try some of the Foundry missions- There is a wrapper mission you can get that after playing 3 foundry missions you get skill points and choice of badges or an item.

Some are pretty good and I had fun playing them.
This from a pretty much "when I'm here it is for the PvP" kind of player.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-01-2011, 06:46 PM
Ive actually found what is (for me) a fairly entertaining way to level my KDF character using star clusters and Foundry. I spend 1 level/grade in each star cluster(it should only take about 8 or 9 missions) and do 1 Foundry mission for that level/grade. This means I get to fight a different group of enemies each level from the ones I fought the previous level(alternating between Fed, Rom, Card, Borg clusters) and then a KDF storyline Foundry mission as the 'cherry on top'. Add in the Featured Series as they come out and the actual KDF episodes and its really not half bad (to me).
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Short answer datupuki, yes.

Longer answer, check out these two threads. They'll answer all of your questions about the Klingon Empire in Star Trek Online.

Federation & Klingon: an inventory of sort...

The History Of The Klingon Empire With Cryptic Studios
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Welcome to the KDF...LOL
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog237 View Post
In the begging the KDF was a level up by doing PVP thay have been adding to the PVE slowly nowThe Devs are talkining about reworking the KDF and adding more PVE content with sesion 4
Unfortunately that's a bit misleading. The devs have been talking about adding more KDF PVE content since launch day. And each patch was promised to deliver it. It's trickled in. My experience with playing the game has me unable to trust the promise of season 4 doing much other than a few tiny changes. Like each season and patch in the past.