Lt. Commander
# 11
06-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Welcome! If you haven't already, look into joining a fleet-there's many great KDF fleets, of all types.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80

To see what the devs are planning for the KDF, and game in general, check the Engineering Reports
http://forums.startrekonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158

Don't forget to check your calendar, for release dates
http://www.startrekonline.com/calendar

Note the Q Double XP Weekend the June 24th-27th!
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-01-2011, 11:41 PM
The Klingons are the red-headed step children of STO.

I have a Klingon toon that I started a year ago, he has only recently made it to captain. I have 3 Fed VAs and am leveling up another. Work-in-progress? Barely.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-02-2011, 01:08 AM
to be honest Cryptic has added a lot since launch to bring KDF up to the same level as FED

the only thing realy missing now is actual unique KDF missions and as we all know the Featured Series are the only missions that are added to the game, so there will be no *unique* missions for the KDF in a while (beyond foundry).

I remember at launch there weren't even exploration clusters, STF's or Fleetactions
i think i have never seen my Away Team on a ground mission before Season 2.

I won't deny that Cryptic could focus more on KDF content and give the player a better reasons to play KDF and that in the current state they are more like a Monster Play faction but you can't say that the Dev's ignore the KDF.

So yeah, the KDF is WIP, but then the whole game is one big Work in Progress -> after all we do pay the Devs to keep working on the game.

At this point i can't say that on FED side i am any less bored then on KDF side...
the only diffrence is that i have 5 FED and 2 KDF chars and feel like i have done every build that makes sense to me.

Those 50 somewhat old missions... played them all multiple times now, on new chars i dont even care to play them all anymore (only the ones with good rewards), i have 2 Vice Admirals where the menu is cluttered with low level Patrols and Missions i didn't do... XP boosting Weekend and Items did the rest.

At this point the only thing i do is either Foundry Missions or emblem grinding, if i want one of those 500 Emblem ships on a certain char (which is rare to begin with).
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-02-2011, 04:36 AM
They have added a great deal since I have been on the KDF side. I have to admit though, the changes they add are far-reaching, over-arcing, and what most KDF pilots want is some customization for all of their characters. Having proper rank identifiers also helps. It seems to me that this will not come about for some time....Any dev wish to comment when we will be seeing anything from the movies in C-Store to make our Klingon toons look a bit more Klingon?...I mean the fingerless gloves, the Kruge cloak, the hair tech...dreads suck btw...clip on everything...., and perhaps some more ship skins?....

I am sure dev comments ...specific dev comments, not just "well, we are in the process of adding stuff" and nothing comes except for these over-arcing changes without customization.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Welcome to our world...
Sad, but true...
Grinding is part of being Klingon in STO, be it PvE or PvP.
After a while you can do missions in silence while watching TV and eating a sandwich you become so familer on how they work.
PvP is different, of course, but sometimes hard to find depending on preferences.
Be ready to wait in que for extended periods on some occasions.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-02-2011, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Unfortunately that's a bit misleading. The devs have been talking about adding more KDF PVE content since launch day. And each patch was promised to deliver it. It's trickled in. My experience with playing the game has me unable to trust the promise of season 4 doing much other than a few tiny changes. Like each season and patch in the past.
Not misleading I typied taking about I I can not help it that I am an optimist
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog237 View Post
Not misleading I typied taking about I I can not help it that I am an optimist
Your optimism, in my opinion, is misplaced

Lt. Commander
# 18
06-02-2011, 02:45 PM
The OP kind of summarize the biggest problem with the KDF. There is not enough content that people desire to play through to entertain a player through and through. Then what do they do, they go Federation and leave KDF with one less potential regular player. This is a screaming example of why content need to be injected into KDF very soon so that new player don't desert it after a few levels of play...
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-04-2011, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Ive actually found what is (for me) a fairly entertaining way to level my KDF character using star clusters and Foundry. I spend 1 level/grade in each star cluster(it should only take about 8 or 9 missions) and do 1 Foundry mission for that level/grade. This means I get to fight a different group of enemies each level from the ones I fought the previous level(alternating between Fed, Rom, Card, Borg clusters) and then a KDF storyline Foundry mission as the 'cherry on top'. Add in the Featured Series as they come out and the actual KDF episodes and its really not half bad (to me).
That is pretty much how I got both my Trill Tac and Orion Engineer to LT. General. T'Ong for Lt. and Lt. Commander, D'Kel for Commander, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-05-2011, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_shirt_ View Post
The OP kind of summarize the biggest problem with the KDF. There is not enough content that people desire to play through to entertain a player through and through. Then what do they do, they go Federation and leave KDF with one less potential regular player. This is a screaming example of why content need to be injected into KDF very soon so that new player don't desert it after a few levels of play...
Yep, we had a lot of Feds come over into our fleet to give KDF a try, most haven't touched their toon in while due to the lack of content, our fleet size doubled but we still have the same number of active players. I started to get my original fed toon above LT6. There are so many missions to do it is almost overwhelming

I spend a lot of time lately with my KDF helping others level. Even though I am matching their level it still goes fast with the extra skills you have at LTG compared to CDR and below.