Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
So capture and holding of territory is on the cards for STO. I do not know what cryptic has planned but I decided to put an idea out there. Some people will hate this others who want a thrill will love it.

So my idea for territory capture and hold is a bit like eve. Every faction should have their own " Safe Areas" were pve players can do missions etc.Enemy factions can cross the border of your faction but are met by strong npc ship patrols that can push them back out to their own space. Every faction has borders along their territory. If you decide to cross these borders then you enter a territory control zone much like pvp. You are open to attack from other players of the opposite faction and the missions beyond the borders are harder, more dangerous in that you could lose your ship and more rewarding if you complete them.
In these territory capturing zones you can attack enemy players and bored their ships, steal the loot in their invetory and if your real good either capture their ship for parts or completely destroying it.

If your a real risk taker you will cross the borders of the enemy faction and get met by heavy npc resistance. the npc patrols will protect their factions space and spawn anywhere theirs an enemy intrution.

Ive tried explaining this the best I could, found it hard to explain so ask me questions if you dont understand. Im off to work now so ill add more later.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
06-02-2011, 08:53 AM
Why make such a big change into the game?

It's better to restrict PvP to certain zones, may be even one or two sectors, and keep it contained there.

For gameplay purposes, it's obvious that the current borders cannot change. So the "territorial control" cannot affect the borders.

As for ship boarding, it's a bad idea. I don't like PvP, but if I ran the risk of losing my ship, I'd be absolutely against it. I guess that that people that paid real money for their Prommies and Excelsiors wouldn't be too thrilled about it, either.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
06-02-2011, 09:00 AM
im just curious about what you mean by "lose your ship"...because if its in any way a "death penalty"...i can tell ya Cryptic will never give the playerbase something like that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
06-02-2011, 09:15 AM
Quoted from Tyron_Jara's original post:

Quote:
In these territory capturing zones you can attack enemy players and bored their ships, steal the loot in their invetory and if your real good either capture their ship for parts or completely destroying it.
(Underlined is mine)

Besides the deplorable mistake of using "your" when it was "you're" or "you are", the underlined part clearly shows that he is advocating for the losing player to lose his/her ship.

So, I'm not making things up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
06-02-2011, 02:50 PM
How awesome would it be to get someones shields down, and beam over away parties, which triggers combat to beaming you to their ship for ground combat where you fight to take control of the ship?! That would be friggin epic.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
06-02-2011, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth-Thanatos View Post
Why make such a big change into the game?

It's better to restrict PvP to certain zones, may be even one or two sectors, and keep it contained there.

For gameplay purposes, it's obvious that the current borders cannot change. So the "territorial control" cannot affect the borders.

As for ship boarding, it's a bad idea. I don't like PvP, but if I ran the risk of losing my ship, I'd be absolutely against it. I guess that that people that paid real money for their Prommies and Excelsiors wouldn't be too thrilled about it, either.
Yes ok but would you not get the thrill of being on your bridge fighting to save it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
06-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance86
im just curious about what you mean by "lose your ship"...because if its in any way a "death penalty"...i can tell ya Cryptic will never give the playerbase something like that.
Well ya but only in territory control pvp. Your probably right however eve did. Its just an idea im throwing out there
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
06-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth-Thanatos View Post
Quoted from Tyron_Jara's original post:



(Underlined is mine)

Besides the deplorable mistake of using "your" when it was "you're" or "you are", the underlined part clearly shows that he is advocating for the losing player to lose his/her ship.

So, I'm not making things up.
Well thanks for the spelling lesson Keep on topic thanks. Well to be perfectly honest I would prefer if ppl did not lose their ships. But boarding vessels and doing some sort of damage would be cool. I may have forgotten to mention it would be the players chioce to join this type of pvp match or not therefore completely at their own risk
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
06-02-2011, 03:23 PM
I like my idea more, but every time i post it, i get no responses.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
06-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Am I the only one getting rather tired of people suggesting that STO should be more like EVE? EVE already exists, if you like it there's absolutely nothing stopping you from playing it right now. Go gank and harrass as many other players over there as you'd like. As for the rest of us, we're grateful that STO is not EVE.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:06 AM.