Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
06-03-2011, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Than that is another topic I agree on. I don't think there is much left of the original suggestion that I would keep then, aside from the fundamental idea of having a Territory Control system.

I also wouldn't worry too much about this and similar suggestions. We can be happy if territory contorl or any new PvP content will be added at all, that Cryptic would dare alienate its PvE focused playerbase is doubtful. (And hey, they would even disappoint some PvPers, like me.) Cryptic is not SOE. :p
~Yes but they have to make pvp more intresting like pve. By the way im a massive PVE player and I only PVP twice a week if at all because I find there is nothing worth fighting for in pvp
Lt. Commander
# 32
06-03-2011, 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyryck
OP - some good ideas that I could get behind ... as long as the PvP game stays in it's "fight ring" and what happens in the ring stays in the ring, then I can support most any idea PvPers can come up with. The moment / inch / second that their idea effects anything outside that "fight ring" I am immediately against it.

How about I put it in other terms ... I used to like playing football when I was younger, but I don't want a football game going on in the middle of mainstreet or the interstate highway. And I definitely don't want the outcome of that football game to affect what I can do and where I can go or when I can go. I used to play softball in a league, but I don't want a softball game going on in the middle of the mall. Rock'em Sock'em Robots™ was a blast when I was younger, but I don't want a boxing match in the middle of my office. I do play with water hoses and squirt guns with the family, but I don't want to step outside my home to find myself in the middle of a water-gun fight and get soaked to the bone when I'm trying to go to work.

I realize that all of those "fights" or "contests" involve people that enjoy those sorts of competitions. But there's a reason for football stadiums, baseball stadiums, soccer fields and boxing rings. It's so you keep the competition in a single area and don't affect the innocents or the crowds or the other people that just don't want "to play your game."

Now, what's your idea for alleviating the ganking exploitation possibilities in a territory control area? Limit the instance to one rank each? Or full on no-holds barred all's fair in love and war and just let the exploitation ruin the environment for the casual PvPers, like me?
For territory control I think players of all ranks should be able to play together to defend or capture a sector. Much like a fleet action but pvp. Everyone hates expliotation so im 100% against that we get enough of that these days
Lt. Commander
# 33
06-03-2011, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahalo View Post
Someone said something about rings and that the boxing stays there.

This game IS the arena. Games are the arena. Are there gangs who are killing you? call your fleetmates for help! They dont come cause they are wimps, change fleet. FFS what is wrong with having a realistic universe where anything could happen. I started played fed and i tell you i was REALLY dissapointed that i wasnt flying with the fear of a BoP decloaking behind me. Where is the danger in this game? where is the risk? I mean i am 34 i have played MMOs and PC games since i was 16 and i have an idea what i am talking about! What do you mean not affected by PvP. So if a fleet conquers a planet and gets exclusive resources for that planet and crafts items that nobody else can that doesnt affect other players? Hell ofcourse it does and i am up for it! Where is that superfleet that fight so well?? Sign me on! Have you people actually played MMOs before like Lineage II ?? Take a look at that games mechanics and then talk about MMOs...
I agress this could make the game for more exciting for PVEs and PVPS. To me an anything can happen universe would make it alot more like trek. I want to know how it feels to be on the edge of my seat defending my faction like a starfleet captain would!
Lt. Commander
# 34
06-03-2011, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahalo View Post
Someone said something about rings and that the boxing stays there.

This game IS the arena. Games are the arena. Are there gangs who are killing you? call your fleetmates for help! They dont come cause they are wimps, change fleet. FFS what is wrong with having a realistic universe where anything could happen.
It is really simple - it means stuff can happen you don't want to happen.

If you play the game 4-8 hours each day, you kinda need this "surprises". But if you only get to play 4 hours at the week-end, you probably have a picture of what you wanted to do, like this and that featured episode. You were not in the mood to fight your way to the next episode through a dozen of enemy vessels and having to lose your ship and rebuying it

That's what is wrong with it.

I wouldn't mind having hte option to do this daily gameplay full of surprises. But sometimes I want the option to not do this. That's why it should and (should it ever come to pass) only be an optional area in the game where this can happen.
Lt. Commander
# 35
06-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyron_Jara
READ THE POSTS!!! This would be optional exactly how pvp is now!!!
Cavalier was talking about making PvP territory control results impact the game world beyond that. That is not how PvP is now.
Lt. Commander
# 36
06-04-2011, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
Cavalier was talking about making PvP territory control results impact the game world beyond that. That is not how PvP is now.
He ment in terms of the klingon federation war and it isnt a half bad idea.
Lt. Commander
# 37
06-04-2011, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
Yes, actually, because it'll be yet another opportunity for Cryptic to screw up play balance. And I can't wait for the eventual whines from PvPers that the bonus should only be granted to them.
Passive bonus can be several things

1: 10% bonus XP for all players in winning faction

2: 10% EC bonus for all players in winning faction

3: 10% higher chance of next quality loot (uncommon -> rare -> vrare -> urare (only availible as loot)

etc
Lt. Commander
# 38
06-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
It is really simple - it means stuff can happen you don't want to happen.

If you play the game 4-8 hours each day, you kinda need this "surprises". But if you only get to play 4 hours at the week-end, you probably have a picture of what you wanted to do, like this and that featured episode. You were not in the mood to fight your way to the next episode through a dozen of enemy vessels and having to lose your ship and rebuying it

That's what is wrong with it.

I wouldn't mind having hte option to do this daily gameplay full of surprises. But sometimes I want the option to not do this. That's why it should and (should it ever come to pass) only be an optional area in the game where this can happen.
Absolutely. As it is, I have to deal with spouse-aggro or lose sleep to get ANY play time at all. I would not find it 'fun' if I got ganked out of completing PvE story missions every time I logged on.

I think the Devs get that, so I'm not too worried that such sweeping changes will ever get forced on us. It's the other kinds of sweeping changes I'm worried about.