Lt. Commander
This is not meant to be spring board for a negative conversation about the game. I love STO, Star Trek, Cryptic and the community and I only want these things to get better in the future. I watched this video today about why we play and enjoy some video games and not others. The crux of it is what makes good games good and bad games bad, but people still play them. I submit it for the dev's and the community's consideration....

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...he-Skinner-Box

How could STO adopt these principles? Right now, loot drops are not a driving force in this game. Simply complete the STFs or crafting tree or accrue enough emblems and you have the top level gear. Shouldn't there be more complicated incentive systems to get the best equipment and ships? Collaborative environments and game systems for fleets to rally around and build something really special? I think the current iteration of STO has the casual subscriber/gamer content to play, but the min/maxers and lifetime members are drained of interest in STO.

How can the DOff system build on these incentive system of the video to provide a truly unique STO and MMO experience?
Lt. Commander
Take my hat off to the author of the video. Very informative and intuitive. I felt Oblivion and the Fallout series captured that Zen trance state for me alot of the time, and Vampire Masqurade!
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-03-2011, 09:38 AM
Excellent video.... got me to thinking about some of my foundry episodes......
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Yes neat post
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKRider
Excellent video.... got me to thinking about some of my foundry episodes......
Yes! This is what I had on my mind as I was watching. I guess I shouldn't be so worried about including original puzzles in my missions after all.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Take my hat off to the author of the video. Very informative and intuitive. I felt Oblivion and the Fallout series captured that Zen trance state for me alot of the time, and Vampire Masqurade!
Couldn't agree more... Wonderful worlds to immerse and lose oneself in, just like in a Zen trance.