Lt. Commander
# 11
05-10-2011, 08:30 AM
[quote=Captain Data]I reported this bug the night I found it.
[/QUOTE
With the GM Ticket afterwards?

Quote:
I have not posted a way to re-create it because honestly I do not know how it happened but I was messing with it yesterday All this aside it does bring into question whether rightly or wrongly about the integrity of people in the is game even if it is just perception. This bug can drive the final nail into the coffin of this game if not rectified immediately.
I'd just err on the careful side - maybe your description motivates someone to find out how to do it, and he will so. That at least could be Cryptic's stance on the matter.

If you can't replicate it yourself, it of course doesn't make fixing the issue easier.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-10-2011, 09:03 AM
[quote=MustrumRidcully;3531736]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
I reported this bug the night I found it.
[/QUOTE
With the GM Ticket afterwards?

I'd just err on the careful side - maybe your description motivates someone to find out how to do it, and he will so. That at least could be Cryptic's stance on the matter.

If you can't replicate it yourself, it of course doesn't make fixing the issue easier.
I spent like 5 minutes trying by no means was I hell bent on replicating because anyone that uses this sploit should hold their head in shame just like anyone that used the voldermort bug.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-10-2011, 10:42 AM
Yes a bit of Confirmation!! ,

This sort of bug (we ALL know the UBER-ships I may be referring to ) should be addressed ASAP by STO. SInce I started playing this game I have run into a number of players who do/have strange skills/abilities and have called them out in zone chat asking just how did you get two of those or 3 Commander EP skills? This post confirms alot of what I have seen/encountered in pvp matches that just make no sense according to the game rules.

Thanks Captain Data for posting this to the forums and not "exploiting" your new found abilities. And shame on anyone that "exploits" a game that we all pay for and expect to have equal odds against any equal player. I mean this is just a game, right?

Play fair Captains and report "strange happenings" to STO and don't use/abuse them. It only makes you look bad.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-10-2011, 02:49 PM
Why hold back? Really? The point of PvP is to kill another opponent not to hold back. Heck if they can't storm the place (safety reasons) they will bomb it. All is fair in love and war
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-03-2011, 11:20 PM
Really I guess no one cares about this.