Lt. Commander
# 1 fighter PVP
06-04-2011, 05:59 AM
I tried to search this but not very good with the search engine. I am thinking about getting a fighter and of coarse it will wind up being 2 if i like it since i spend time on both sides od the neautral zone. My question is are there or are there plans to put fighters into pvp structure. As far as i know they arent very usable for general gameplay and i am not sure what would happen if i just jump into one and sign into the q?

One of my frustrations with pvp has been that I wind up spending alot of time figuring out what works and its so complicated. I think with fighters there would much less complication and alot more kickin tail (or getting kicked) as a matter of skill or luck and not the magical combination of 30+/- powers.

Maybe there is such a thing out there already.

-Lynn
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-04-2011, 06:12 AM
The shuttle_wars chat channel is an attempt to organize shuttle PvP events, but I am afraid that after the initial success participation wore off. (the channel and the idea was formed in an attempt to raise general PvP awareness - unfortunately the most active Cryptic employee left Cryptic shortly after...)

I see what you mean about the myriad of powers, but of course some people really enjoy that part. I kinda enjoy both and wish there were more ways to encourage all forms of PvP. But there hasn't been much PvP specific activity so far aside from the usual bug and balance tweaking.

I seem to remember the first suggestions regarding potential shuttle PvP have happened not too soon after launch,actually, way before the Delta Flyer and the Fighters made it into the game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-04-2011, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
The shuttle_wars chat channel is an attempt to organize shuttle PvP events, but I am afraid that after the initial success participation wore off. (the channel and the idea was formed in an attempt to raise general PvP awareness - unfortunately the most active Cryptic employee left Cryptic shortly after...)

I see what you mean about the myriad of powers, but of course some people really enjoy that part. I kinda enjoy both and wish there were more ways to encourage all forms of PvP. But there hasn't been much PvP specific activity so far aside from the usual bug and balance tweaking.

I seem to remember the first suggestions regarding potential shuttle PvP have happened not too soon after launch,actually, way before the Delta Flyer and the Fighters made it into the game.

Thankyou for your response! I will try that channel later ( as i am not at home) just in case. I am really just getting more interested in PVP and am working on learning the other skill sets, ie tactical and science.

I wonder though about traits and skills affecting a fighter pilots performance. I am sure that the traits affect it much the same and i would assume that general egineering skill points would affect it too. What I am not sure about is ship specific skill points?
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-04-2011, 09:25 AM
I am not sure if any of the Starship Command/Captain line skills affect Shuttles.

Shuttles do get better with your rank, though.