Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
06-04-2011, 09:25 AM
I started a Klingon warrior, F'lar flying the IKS Ironhide, and I was pleased with how well the BoP handled vs the fed starting ships. I plan on leveling both F'lar (tact) along with my Fed lowbie (also tact) at the same right to get a better feel for the ships and play style.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-04-2011, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingbadger View Post
there is not enough material for me to be interested in the KDF today... TBH PvP is not what I enjoy, which is why I don't play KDF...
The good/bad news is that the KDF doesn't have enough of a playerbase to support PVP like it once did. So if you do switch sides to play a Klingon, you weren't going to have PVP available to level with ANYWAYS.

Lt. Commander
# 13
06-04-2011, 09:38 AM
I don't pvp, but I do have a Klingon at BG, and am loving the carrier gameplay.

When there's more Klingon content (and the foundry missions give more in terms of reward), I'll definitely be playing as a Klingon ENG and SCI.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-05-2011, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoav160 View Post
Play one to get the population up. If the KDF never gets worked on kiss your third/fourth/fifth factions goodbye.
I actually play 3 so I'm notthe one to blame for the low kdf-population-numbers. Just saying that lots of players donteven start one because of the lack of content.

Also I dont wanta third or fourth faction. Since Sto does not the have so many players and the two already ingame factions cant do anything together beside shooting each other... wich starts to become boring... and the fact that cryptic almost avoids to make content for both... I dont see the point splitting up players ever more and get even less content per faction.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-05-2011, 09:28 AM
So i was in a war-zone last night on my Klingon toon, LT8 fyi lol, i ended up being the only klingon while there were 1-3 feds in with me. I was able to win 2/3 warzones while blowing up the fed players multiple times while also engaging the borg in my lil ol' BoP. Needless to say, I had alot more fun doing that then I had in some of the older fed missions.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-05-2011, 11:16 PM
I have two Klingons (well, one alien, one klingon)... one Lt. Commander the other at Commander and I've not PvP'd once. Mainly because I hate PvP.... I think it's quite common knowledge about KDF content... Challenge unnecessary.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-05-2011, 11:38 PM
I have three max level KDF characters (none of them is a klingon). I despise Pvp, no matter on what side. I rarely join a match with my fleet mates just for fun, but itīs not something i want to put much effort or time in.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-16-2011, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12guageshotgun
I come here Today as a warrior of the klingon empire to issue you a challenge. I would like for Each federation captain to make a KDF character and reach Lieutenant Commander. it is only 5 grades and will give you an understanding of KDF game play and just how much the faction is lacking. I am not asking you to become Klingon Warriors and wage war on the federation, just to get a taste of what the other side is like, nothing more and nothing less.

Qa'pla!!
Been there, done that. My KDF engineer Sieth flies around in one of two carriers, and is the precursor to his sci and tac counterparts. I'm only waiting on season four and the new zones/missions to start them up.

Qapla'!
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-17-2011, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoav160 View Post
Play one to get the population up. If the KDF never gets worked on kiss your third/fourth/fifth factions goodbye.
I honestly think that creating a Klingon and never playing him is not going to do anything for the population issue. I'm fairly certain that the "12%" or "14%" of the playerbase that the devs talk about is players actually actively playing Klingons, not the overall proportion of Captains created. The devs can certainly datamine both of these statistics, and would not confuse them.

This is why that number was said to vary. It's not Klingon players overall, it was Klingons actively playing the week that quote was made.

The honest truth is, there really isn't much the players can do to encourage interest in the Klingons. You can boost the numbers temporarily, but such attempts will be transparent to the devs, particularly if you advertise it here on the board.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-17-2011, 07:05 PM
I accept your challenge....... oh, wait ..... I rolled a KDF character about two months after STO went live. He has recently made it to Captain 6. It's a horrible grind, and I agree with the OP, the content is seriously lacking.