Lt. Commander
# 11
06-02-2011, 09:18 PM
All this talk about the origins of the Borg is a little rediculous and silly. Both Star Trek: Legacy and the Star Trek Novels and comics are just one person's idea of the Borg's origins. Neither are offical. As I recall, with the Destiny stories, the Borg as suppose to be no more.

I personally think that the origins of the Borg should remain lost in antiquity. Part of what makes the Borg so threatening is a level of uncertainty. Mystery and lack of knowledge allows the imagination to run wild with the possibilites. That unknown element is what makes a lurking menace so thilling and effective.

I believe that if an "official" origin of the Borg were to be unveiled, then the Borg become a known quanity, and theirfore the threat is greatly diminished. By remaining an enigma, the Borg retain their greatest weapon: our fear of the unknown. I greatly urge cryptic and CBS to resist the tempation to pin down and quantify the Borg. Doing so will only ruin argueably Star Trek's greatest villian.
Lt. Commander
# 12
06-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AreYouReady2Die View Post
Your nutters the borg are one of the best opponent factions in star trek.. The undine, yawn. Their another changling whoopity doo, granted I would like to visit fluidic space more. But the borg. Man. Resistance is futile
I find them boring Just zombies in space yay:p
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-03-2011, 12:44 AM
Spare a thought for those of us that don't play STF's. The Borg missions only seem to be STF-style missions, so players like me luck out on them. A bit unfair to us, I'd say. (Yes I know MMO's are geared towards teaming, but not all MMO players are into that.)
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-03-2011, 12:52 AM
i think its better to leave them without an origin. makes them more threatening that way i think...

kind of like the tyranids in 40k.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-03-2011, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cenovita View Post
Read some of the novels...

Destiny is GREAT and explain everything you want to know.
I've not read the novels yet, only the Memory Beta summaries of the storylines. I didn't like it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-04-2011, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1983 View Post
i think its better to leave them without an origin. makes them more threatening that way i think...

kind of like the tyranids in 40k.
I agree with you and MustrumRiddiculely. The Borg are better without a clearly defined origin. See my above post for my thoughts.
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-05-2011, 08:12 AM