Lt. Commander
# 1 Intrepid Class Art Is Wrong
06-07-2011, 06:39 PM
I brought this up on another forum, the underside of the Intrepid saucer looks NOTHING like the one on the show. The sides of the saucer where the airlocks and ship name appear also desperately need attention as depending on the hull color you pick, it is a COMPLETELY different shade of gray, making it look like a sticker.

When will this be addressed?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
I brought this up on another forum, the underside of the Intrepid saucer looks NOTHING like the one on the show. The sides of the saucer where the airlocks and ship name appear also desperately need attention as depending on the hull color you pick, it is a COMPLETELY different shade of gray, making it look like a sticker.

When will this be addressed?
I agree that these issues need some love. I personally can wait for this little cosmetic fix.

Here is the ways it should look:
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...ger-bottom.jpg

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/.../intrepid1.png

and here is the way it looks ingame:
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...wellsaucer.jpg

So YES it needs some love. I completely agree

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~InfoNinja
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfoNinja
This Message is Spam.
Please Delete in its entirety.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-07-2011, 11:46 PM
For the Ship model detailing it's Cap'n Logan. that I know of he doesn't work on content other than getting the finer details of an item.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-08-2011, 10:46 AM
I made a ticket on that a long time ago. The bottom of the saucer looks like something for Easter!!
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VengefulDjinn
I agree that these issues need some love. I personally can wait for this little cosmetic fix.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~InfoNinja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
Extremely poor form to threadjack in this fashion. If you want these things, go start your own thread. This is about the Intrepid art.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-09-2011, 03:12 AM
i agree, the saucer looks wrong,
the necelles dont look right either (i dont know why exactly but they look off)

also the Runninglights on the underside of the saucer... there is only the red one on the right side, the green one on the left side is missing.

i am not sure but i allways feel like the shape of the saucer isn't right either.

CGI model from the show:
http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/2011/...cgi-pictorial/
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-09-2011, 12:41 PM
The problem is that CapnLogan had made a refinement pass on the Intrepid in the past, but ran out of time to work on it. Unfortunately for all of us, the original model was just in that poor of condition.
The first pass he did was a tremendous improvement and I know he can get the ship "fixed"... he just needs the schedule time to do it. I hope that Logan's schedule gets free enough for him to make a second pass on the Intrepid.

But yeah, the underside of the saucer is in desperate need of remodeling and there are running lights missing all over the place (including the warp nacelles and parts of the saucer).
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
Extremely poor form to threadjack in this fashion. If you want these things, go start your own thread. This is about the Intrepid art.
I'm sorry, I was merely posting MY OPINION on the matter.

I'll be watching your future posts CLOSELY, if not for an example of appropriate decorum.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Hi, I would also like to say that the nacelles on the intrepid retrofit are still "boxy" at high warp (sector space). Regular space looks nice with the angled nacelles but the boxy look is just unnatural. Thanks.

I forget which nacelles I have opted for but it's certain ones I think.