Lt. Commander
# 1 Boring Patrol Missions
06-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Am I the only one who finds the patrol missions a bit... lacking?

I mean, every objective is pretty easy. Fighting enemy squadrons? Look for the large objects, and that's where they are. Finding people or energy readings? Look for nearby structures and follow the path. The only interesting patrol missions are the ones that involve using one's brain and the search missions, but I think we can improve.

Any suggestions?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-07-2011, 06:30 PM
If you find patrol missions to be boring and repetitive, you will "love" exploration missions.

Otherwise, they are not intended to be involved. Thatīs what story missions are for.

Just out of curiosity, what mission requires you to use your brain ? Shoot things, click stuff. The big challenge is to look pretty while doing it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-07-2011, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Patton_NCC_1942
Any suggestions?
Yes indeed I got one.

Donīt do them.
No honestly. Dont do them. I levelled my last toon by only doing the first two. Patrol Vulcan sector and the middle one of the Sirius sector block.
At Lt.6 you get access to the 2 featured series. "The Devidians"and "Cloaked intentions" that you can re-run as many times as you like. They are good missions and give decent points. I do the storyline missions and if Iīm out of them I re-run some of the Devidians. Mostely "Skirmish" "Spin the Wheel" and "Everything old is new". All of these 3 give good rewards you can use for yourself and for equipping your bridge officers. "Spin the wheel" can be done in 5 minutes if youīve done it already and know what to do.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-08-2011, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1restarter
Yes indeed I got one.

Donīt do them.
No honestly. Dont do them. I levelled my last toon by only doing the first two. Patrol Vulcan sector and the middle one of the Sirius sector block.
At Lt.6 you get access to the 2 featured series. "The Devidians"and "Cloaked intentions" that you can re-run as many times as you like. They are good missions and give decent points. I do the storyline missions and if Iīm out of them I re-run some of the Devidians. Mostely "Skirmish" "Spin the Wheel" and "Everything old is new". All of these 3 give good rewards you can use for yourself and for equipping your bridge officers. "Spin the wheel" can be done in 5 minutes if youīve done it already and know what to do.
Sounds like leveling a klingon to me. :p

The patrols are okay and running the Fes once to begin with is enough. Why do the same stuff all over if you have a choice ?
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-08-2011, 02:08 AM
Yes exactlly except that on the klingon side you dont have 30 storyline missions. (30 is just a number - dunno the exact number of missions)
You do storyline and then fill up the points with feature episodes. When new storylines are offered do them and then FE again. And so on.
So you can level up quite fast and easy.